"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1291 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt 

@JBMarch - That would be absolutely beautiful!!  I hope anyways, cause its the same plan I have in mind....haha The thing is, I don't think they are going to give me Castaways.... So, I think I am going poolside... so - nowhere to hang from... I saw some photos of maybe some lattice overhangs on the sides... Not sure - Guess I will just bring the stuff and hope for the best...  It seems like there is a LOT of hoping for the best!

If you do get a poolside reception you most likey would have it set up by the "quiet pool" which is has surrounding it a pagoda or gazebo looking things. lol. sorry not sure what they're called! but here a pic

http://jasmineandrya...om/pictures/828 it's the wooden thing that basically is the same as the castaways... I do believe they took out the Castaways option so atleast if you still want that setting you can still pull it off on those! And I've seen them set up recceptions there since it was over looking our room, they usually have the food table there, cake, etc.

#1292 Skygirl

Skygirl
    • 512 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

So far after Christina left, i have not hear back from Mercy for 2wks...

#1293 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
      • 227 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thanks JBMarch!!  I think that is the option I will be taking!

Its been taking about 2-3 weeks to hear back from my WC - Silvia.  I just got a message from her today confirming that if we wanted Castaways that we would have to pay $5000 extra...  So, poolside it is!

#1294 chrisdeluca

chrisdeluca
        • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

That`s insane!!! Is Castaways even open for dinner on a regular basis? Cuz if it's only open for lunch than paying $5000 is b/s. Does anyone have pics of any of the other available reception spots?

#1295 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
          • 455 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
          • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Your pics are gorgeous!!!! I have decided on the fountain as well for my ceremony, but wondering about the walk over the fountain, or around it. Do you get to choose which way to set it up and is there any extra charge to walk over the fountain?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1296 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
          • 227 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

I can't remember the exact charge, but I think its about $1500 to use the wooden boards for the set up to walk over the fountain...  But, that could have changed...

#1297 LLJ360

LLJ360
            • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

My daughter was married on May 19, 2012 at the NOW.  We had 35 people staying, some were in the perferred area and some regular rooms.  We always were running into our friends and relatives.  The resort is pretty compact, so it isn't hard to find people.  Hope this helps!  I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

#1298 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

yes, it is 1500$ to use woodden walkway(i think it has something to do with insurance liability)just FYI they dont really advertise this cost for this walkway...surprise surprise

Does anyone knows if i booked my date(long time ago)the prices for food options were a bit less, i still have a print out, will they honor it?

also i sent email to Juana(concierge service)telling her how dissapointed i am, how long i got no reply from any WC that i sent an email after Christina has left... i  an still waiting...

#1299 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                • 460 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

yes, it is 1500$ to use woodden walkway(i think it has something to do with insurance liability)just FYI they dont really advertise this cost for this walkway...surprise surprise

Does anyone knows if i booked my date(long time ago)the prices for food options were a bit less, i still have a print out, will they honor it?

also i sent email to Juana(concierge service)telling her how dissapointed i am, how long i got no reply from any WC that i sent an email after Christina has left... i  an still waitin

I don't think they would honor that since they do have a fine print stating that prices may change any time.

Attached Files

#1300 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                  • 460 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by chrisdeluca 

That`s insane!!! Is Castaways even open for dinner on a regular basis? Cuz if it's only open for lunch than paying $5000 is b/s. Does anyone have pics of any of the other available reception spots?

The Castaways are just open for lunch and NOT dinner that's why I was surprised that they took that away as an option for a reception location. They started that before my wedding but I insisted on that and I also saved all of my emails from every wedding coordinators I had and I clearly stated there that the no.1 reason I booked with them was because I really wanted the Castaways for my reception!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users