el dorado royale/new cancun dreams resort

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carimcn

• 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

hi there! the plan is to get married in mexico (riveria maya/cancun area) in ealy november 2008. i am currenty interested in the el dorado royale and the new dreams resort opening in early 2008. i would appreciate any insight on how to best work with the wedding coordinators. the plans they have provided me are helpful but i plan to have 50 guest not the 10-20 they specify in the packages and i am having trouble figuring out how much everything will cost! also, are any of you working with your own wedding planner? thank you in advance for your help & insight!

#2 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Have you been to either resort?? Have you been in contact with the wedding coordinators there?

I stayed at EDR last March, and while I was staying there, I was trying to get ahold of the W.C. and couldn't!! I thought for sure they'd pay attention to me because I was already there! Nope, it wasn't until I marched up to the office and asked for her time that I got her attention... and then we arranged for an appointment the next day! lol. Anyways, just a heads up, that might get a little annoying!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Oh.. but I forgot to add - I LOVED the resort. I wasn't the biggest fan of it's sister resorts, but I really did love EDR. I would happily have my wedding there if they allowed children.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

if you look under the accomodations area there is a bunch of info on EDR and there are prices for the different costs.

if you want a private reception for 50 there is a menu and you have to pay for each item ie. salad, etc. and have to have the venue booked.

with edr you are not allowed to use an outside W as they have an inhouse WC.

dreams is more flexible but they have a similiar price set up

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

oooh are you talking about dreams riviera cancun I've seen the ads for it on there website. I'm getting married at dreams cancun. I know on the menu it lists out the prices for individuals too. And there are also buffet prices, but I think all of the dreams resorts have different pricing, so you'd probably have to request info on that particular one.

I don't think you need an outside wc, the ones at dreams are pretty good, I think you'll be okay.

#6 carimcn

• 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users