Photo

Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#81 AndieG

AndieG
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi Everyone -- I'm new here.  Getting married at ABH on 12.4.2011.  Very excited!  Can share any advice or information on the wedding officiants provided by the Resort?  We are havign a spiritual ceremony and had planned to have a family emember officiate.  That plan has since fallen through.  It will be an interfaith, multi-cultural ceremony, so I am concerned about having the officiant provided.  I'm Jewish, my Fiance is not.  We want to have parts of the ceremony that celebrate both of our backgrounds.  I've  been told that we cannot meet or talk to the person until the day of the wedding.  However, it may be cost prohibitive for us to bring someone down to Mexico. 

If anyone has had the provided officiant, can you give me any advice, thoughts, information, on the experience?

Thanks so much!

#82 blondie811

blondie811
    • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hello!

I got married at Azul Beach/Villa Carola on August 11. I never signed up for an account but used this website daily! I figured I would make an account now to help out any other Azul Beach brides the best that I can. The officiant was amazing. I requested the script from my coordinator and was unhappy with the extreme religious content and decided to write my own. I took bits and pieces from various websites and created a whole new script completely different than the original. I sent it 30 days in advance and was worried that she wouldn't stick to it or would have trouble with the flow. I was completely surprised and relieved, because she was phenomenal. She had memorized it and only glanced down every once in a while. She had it on a kindle or nook, lol. My husband had trouble with her accent (he always does) but I thought her English was great. She tweaked the ceremony a tiny bit, which was perfect because she made it flow better than my original. She also performed my parents vow renewal and did a great job on both. She met with my husband 15 minutes before hand and I only saw her during the ceremony. I'd suggest writing your own so there aren't any surprises when you get down there. Good luck and if you have any other questions I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Megan

#83 blondie811

blondie811
      • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

I brought my own fabric for the gazebo. White tulle from Hobby Lobby, $30 for 40 yards. They even cut it for me at Azul Beach. Worked perfectly. I was worried about substituting tulle for organza but it worked just fine and added the extra touch that the gazebo needed.

#84 blondie811

blondie811
        • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Are you looking for rectangular table size or round? The rectangular tables are 36" wide x approximately 8' long (I believe they are more like 7.75 ish). Not sure about round since I didn't have any. I rented the dark brown Tiffany chairs with ivory cushions. I used them for both the ceremony and the dinner. They were beautiful and didn't require any extra decorations. I didn't really think much about the chairs while I was eating at Blue Terrace but I will check my pictures when I get home today and give you an update. I'm sure they use the same chairs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as they do for the weddings.

#85 Emma Dore

Emma Dore
          • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hi Blondie, so happy to see some new posts! I would love to see pics if you don't mind sharing :) what package did you end up doing? Thanks for the suggestion on writing your own script, what a good idea! Sometimes they can be so generic!

#86 KerryL613

KerryL613
            • 113 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thank you so much for posting!  there aren't many AB brides out there!  Where did you do your reception?  How was the lighting?  Did they charge you to decorate with your tulle?

Congrats on your new marriage!

Originally Posted by blondie811 

Hello!

I got married at Azul Beach/Villa Carola on August 11. I never signed up for an account but used this website daily! I figured I would make an account now to help out any other Azul Beach brides the best that I can. The officiant was amazing. I requested the script from my coordinator and was unhappy with the extreme religious content and decided to write my own. I took bits and pieces from various websites and created a whole new script completely different than the original. I sent it 30 days in advance and was worried that she wouldn't stick to it or would have trouble with the flow. I was completely surprised and relieved, because she was phenomenal. She had memorized it and only glanced down every once in a while. She had it on a kindle or nook, lol. My husband had trouble with her accent (he always does) but I thought her English was great. She tweaked the ceremony a tiny bit, which was perfect because she made it flow better than my original. She also performed my parents vow renewal and did a great job on both. She met with my husband 15 minutes before hand and I only saw her during the ceremony. I'd suggest writing your own so there aren't any surprises when you get down there. Good luck and if you have any other questions I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Megan

#87 IR2BBooker

IR2BBooker
              • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hello ladies, I'm getting married at Azul Beach in less than 2 months...yay!!!  You're right there aren't many of us out there but the reviews have been very positive. 

Congratulations and happy planning : )

#88 Maritza919

Maritza919
                • 421 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hi Blondie! Quick question did you rent your chairs through Lomas or the hotel when you got there? I want to rent the chairs but the their prices are more expensive than NY prices :( wanted to see if it's something you can negotiate. Our count as of now is 60. :)

#89 blondie811

blondie811
                  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

I'm in the process of trying to get pics from family members. My professional photos should be ready around the third week of September. I'll definitely post some when I get them! I chose the Pearl package and used the group dinner for a welcome dinner the night we arrived and opted to do a private dinner for the wedding day.

#90 blondie811

blondie811
                    • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Thanks so much! My side of the family rented the Villa Carola for the week, so we had the ceremony at the gazebo in front of the Villa, the dinner in the villa grounds, and for reception we had a smores bonfire which they set up on the beach right in front. We didn't request any extra lighting and the dinner was a bit dark, but they did set up some extra lights which helped out a bit. It was a full moon and I didn't want to take away from the beauty of the light on the water. It worked out just fine. I saw a private dinner right on the main beach one night and there was plenty of  light for that. They didn't charge me any extra for the tulle, just the basic set up cost of $5 per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users