October 2013

November 2013

December 2013

#232 TarynM

TarynM
    • 32 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hi asposeep!!

Sorry I meant to reply to you before and kept putting it off! Haha. I can't believe we're only 7 months away!!!

On 8/31 we are doing a snorkeling excursion through this company: http://www.fatcatsail.com/. They pick you up at the hotel around noon I think, then drive you 45 mins to the catamaran and you are out on the water all day snorkeling and drinking rum and coronas until 5 or 6 then they drive you back to Azul Beach. I think 40 people fit on the catamaran so it will be our wedding guests only which will be so cool! If there are extra people, you can rent another boat to go out with the main catamaran. I went to Azul Beach Labor Day weekend 2012 and met the couple that got married on 9/01 and they recommended this catamaran and said it was so much fun! They did it in lieu of a rehearsal dinner which I'm thinking we may do, too.

We have three nights of events planned so far. What about you?

My fiance and I will arrive Wed 8/28 and our guests are arriving Thu 8/29 and Fri 8/30. On Fri we are having a welcome cocktail reception at the Blue Wave probably from 6-8. On Sat we are doing the catamaran during the day and maybe reserving a restaurant for dinner after? The Sun 9/01 is the big day! We're getting married on the beach and having the reception at The Blue Terrace.

I haven't even begun to think about decorations or flowers yet. Everything is so expensive! I booked playaweddings for my photographer/videographer, booked the catamaran, ordered my invitations and I'm going to book DJ Dorremix. I also ordered "Welcome Totes" from wedding chicks when they were having a big sale for Black Friday. We picked our menu when we were visiting Azul Beach and will be adding paella and churros and not ordering a cake (other than the mini one included in my package - they weren't too good). Maybe also having a mojito bar during the reception.

I would be down for sharing decorations especially lighting. What are your plans so far?

Taryn

#233 girltravel77

girltravel77
      • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hey Everyone!  I'm getting married April 28, 2013!

February 2013
        htztrtz - Feb 16, 2013!!

March 2013

karyc - March 2, 2013

April 2013

misadelf - April 20th

girltravel77 - April 28th, 2013

May 2013
        Amanda Hammett -AZUL. May 9th

June 2013

July 2013
        alovlin - July 4th, 2013

August 2013

Ashley Sposeep - August 31

September 2013

Taryn & Stephen September 1

October 2013

November 2013

December 2013

#234 girltravel77

girltravel77
        • 48 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

I love all the information in this thread!  So helpful!!  I am getting married April 28, 2013 and am planning to have the reception at blue terrace.  We are going to have 59 people plus 2 kids.  I was curious what the best table arrangements are in this venue for a group this size.  When you say the 4 tables were put together, were they in a straight line or a U shape around the outside of the room?  Would you think this would work for our guest size?

Thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by melfaybik 

Quote:

I have my pics but there are tons of them! Are there any specific photos that you want to see.  I just posted video too so that should be helpful.  Did you need to know the sizes of the tables and chairs at the Blue Terrace?  The sizes are different for the Blue Terrace and the Beach Reception so I want to make sure I give you the correct information.  How many people are you having?  We put 4 tables together and had 48 guests...The tables were big and our WC did not recommend this because they said there would be very little room for dancing but there was more than enough room for dancing and it worked our perfectly.

We got the pearl package and we picked out all the flowers with specific requests.  Just send as many photos as possible and they will copy it pretty good! I was worried about the flowers but they turned out good.  Last minute, we got a new wedding coordinator that was new to Azul Reports. I was pretty worried and they listened to my ideas but they were not as great as I would have excepted but in the end it all turned out good. We had our reception at the Blue Terrace and it was a perfect reception location! We were satisfied with the food and service...The cake was so so but we were expecting that from other reviews.  The wait staff service was great and the food from what I can remember at the wedding was good...Unfortatley, I did not eat much but the lobster and bbq ribs were great! We had them put 4 tables together...There is no option for round tables at the blue Terrace. Let me know if you have any other questions!

We would sell our pink table runners and chair bows...They would be $1 each.  PM me if you are interested.  I just posted a video and can send you additional photos if you want...Just let me know what types of photos you want to see because I have a TON of  photos!  The rooms were great!  They upgraded us to the wedding suite which was a very nice room.  Our DJ was great too...DJ Temo! Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else! 

#235 girltravel77

girltravel77
          • 48 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hello!  I love this thread! So helpful!  I am getting married April 28, 2013, and am planning to have about 60 guests in the Blue Terrace for our reception.  I was wondering what the best way is to arrange the tables.  I've heard of some people putting multiple tables together.  Has anyone done this that would recommend it?  Did you do it in a straight line or in a U shape around the perimeter of the venue?

Thanks so much!!

Melissa

#236 girltravel77

girltravel77
            • 48 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

February 2013
              htztrtz - Feb 16, 2013!!

March 2013

karyc - March 2, 2013

April 2013

misadelf - April 20th

May 2013

June 2013

July 2013
              alovlin - July 4th, 2013

August 2013

September 2013

October 2013

November 2013

December 2013

#237 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
              • 61 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

They recommend 12 top tables. I'm having 48 guests at blue terrace. I can send you the layout suggestions they sent to me via email

#238 Stinah

Stinah
                • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just confirmed for AB 11/29!!!

February 2013
                  htztrtz - Feb 16, 2013!!

March 2013

karyc - March 2, 2013

April 2013

misadelf - April 20th

May 2013

June 2013

July 2013
                  alovlin - July 4th, 2013

August 2013

September 2013

October 2013

November 2013

Stinah November 29th 

December 2013

#239 karyc

karyc
                  • 166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by girltravel77 

Hello!  I love this thread! So helpful!  I am getting married April 28, 2013, and am planning to have about 60 guests in the Blue Terrace for our reception.  I was wondering what the best way is to arrange the tables.  I've heard of some people putting multiple tables together.  Has anyone done this that would recommend it?  Did you do it in a straight line or in a U shape around the perimeter of the venue?

Thanks so much!!

Melissa

hi girltravel - we are also having about 66 people in blue terrace for our reception next month - we are doing 7 tables of 8 and one of 10 -- my WC said that they will just push the 4-top tables together. so for 8 people it would be 3 tables pushed together (3 on each side, and 1 on each end), and four 10 people it would be 4 tables pushed together (4 on each side and one on each end) -- i've read about some weddings where they would push even more tables together (e.g., have six tables pushed together in a rectangle for 8 people and leaving one end with noone at it), but i think that only works with smaller guest counts.  my WC also said that the tables are 3x3 (so for 8 people it would be a 9x3)

#240 htztrtz

htztrtz
                    • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Hammett 

They recommend 12 top tables. I'm having 48 guests at blue terrace. I can send you the layout suggestions they sent to me via email

Hi Amanda! It would be so wonderful to see the layout! Also I was told that Azul Beach is super strict about a min requirement of 50 people in order to be able to host the reception at Blue Terrace. Even at 48 guests I was told I probably wouldn't be able to. Any tips on how to navigate? Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users