Photo

Legal Ceremony-Paperwork AFTER the wedding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shanbeth

shanbeth
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:21 AM

I was married on Nov. 11, 2010 at Dreams Cancun.  We did the legal ceremony and Claudia said we would have the legal paperwork to us within a month.  It has now been over 9 weeks and still nothing.lm just starting to get really worried.  Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this?  Shannon

#2 angi111111

angi111111
    • 108 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

WOW :(

keep us posted.....we are also planning a legal ceremony 11-11-11. I am confused and concerned about the paperwork as well. I have read a few threads were couples have had some issues.

Do you think it was worth it verses getting it done legally in the states first or after the ceremony in Mexico? I feel like we would still recognize that day and ceremony has the real thing and maybe keep it quite to our guests....

Good Luck and I hope your papers come soon!

#3 jrb

jrb
      • 83 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

I am doing a legal on February 19th....I don't really know what to expect. 

#4 june11bride

june11bride
        • 304 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'm confused about all this. I plan on doing a legal ceremony as well, and know that I have to do the paperwork when I get home...but does that mean that my wedding day is my legal wedding date? That we are legally married on that day, and just have to do the paperwork later??

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users