Photo

Steel Band for Ceremony - Song Suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

Here's our playlist...

Seating of Parents - Ave Maria

Processional - Canon in D

Bride's Processional - Bridal Chorus

Recessional - Wedding March

I'm going to request for slower songs prior to the ceremony and upbeat, fun songs after the ceremony.  Can't wait!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#12 tamandrob

tamandrob
    • 349 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the info we are thinking of getting the steel drums too! But I am in the same vote as Jaykay can't really justify $400 for one hour unless they are really good!

BeachBridein11 I look forward to your review!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#13 kerrib

kerrib
      • 207 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

I think you're fine with anything, they sound so beautiful!

#14 ScorpioBride

ScorpioBride
        • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:04 AM

We aren't going to suggest songs for our band to play- instead I want them to feel out the vibe and play whatever inspires them. One song I think would be adorable is 'kiss the girl' from little mermaid- I may ask them to play/learn it in advance but I haven't decided! My fiance loves that song!

The very talented and professional steel pan band playing at our ceremony and cocktail hour is $300.00 for the two hours, $100.00 for any additional hour and the cost of transport to ceremony site ($40) and a few drinks + snacks which we insist on providing. I am not sure if I am just getting a great deal or if some of you ladies are getting a bad deal. Some of your quotes seem waaay too steep :(

#15 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
          • 610 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

Who are you using ScorpioBride?!  $300 for two hours is fantastic!

Originally Posted by ScorpioBride 

We aren't going to suggest songs for our band to play- instead I want them to feel out the vibe and play whatever inspires them. One song I think would be adorable is 'kiss the girl' from little mermaid- I may ask them to play/learn it in advance but I haven't decided! My fiance loves that song!

The very talented and professional steel pan band playing at our ceremony and cocktail hour is $300.00 for the two hours, $100.00 for any additional hour and the cost of transport to ceremony site ($40) and a few drinks + snacks which we insist on providing. I am not sure if I am just getting a great deal or if some of you ladies are getting a bad deal. Some of your quotes seem waaay too steep :(

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#16 ScorpioBride

ScorpioBride
            • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

I responded to BeachBridein11 in a Private message, but wanted to repeat it here- I am getting married in Belize and its not an all inclusive. My wedding planner down there is also free and the resort isn't taking a cut out of any of the vendors so that is likely why the cost of my band is lower. One thing I suggest is perhaps looking at local forums of the city you are getting married in, or local newspaper, and post an ad for a band. They can send audition mp3 to you and everything, you can always chat on Skype too. If your resort won't let you bring in outside vendors that is really too bad- I would consider reducing whatever tips your wedding planner or organizers are getting in that case

#17 beachbum21

beachbum21
              • 438 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi girls,

I'm not sure if you've checked already but go on youtube and google steel drum band wedding and you'll come across songs that sounds pretty great on the steel drum band. We are thinking about getting a steel drum band for the ceremony and I'm planning to walk down the aisle to Over the Rainbow and it sounds so nice!! I really love that song :)

good luck!

#18 reggaedancin

reggaedancin
                • Site Supporter
                • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi ScorpioBride,

Which steel drum band are you using? I haven't goten any quotes from anyone yet but you seem to have the best deal I have seen on here!

#19 Kathie

Kathie
                  • 2,654 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

I am getting married in Aruba in October and we're using a steel pan player for the ceremony. For the bridesmaids, only two, I'm using "What a Wonderful World" for me I'm using Canon Raggae. It's a little lighter and fun. I'm having trouble with the recessional. I want something upbeat but not sure what. I was thinking of something like Hot, Hot, Hot or something fun like that. I'd love suggestions too!

#20 cvgreene

cvgreene
                    • 48 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

So happy to have found this thread, I have been struggling with this one as well.  I really like the vibe of a steel drum band but I am curious if its worth it, also I am having great difficulty in picking songs for the cermony so thank you busybee for the link!  I hope more people start posting about steel drum bands so I can decided what to do .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users