Sandals Brides-----Roll call

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#11 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hi WilsonJ,

I will also be upgrading my bouquet, but I will wait until I get to the resort.  My WC haven't been that great.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#12 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

What are you guys doing for favors or OOT bags? I'm so confused on this topic and I really don't want to end up spending a million dollars on things people wont even appreciate. If I could have something from Jamaica just delivered to the resort it would be the most ideal. What do you all think?

#13 smfs

smfs
      • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

We're getting married at Sandals Royal Bahamian September 10th. Doing the BB theme with the 3 hour private reception. A little nervous from reading reviews, they are about 50/50.

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
        http://vimeo.com/19177280

#14 smfs

smfs
        • 176 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

We are doing OOT bags. Vistaprint is where we are getting the majority of the items..for free! Just pay shipping. I have personalized bags, beach balls, magnets, pens, tshirts, sunblock, hangover kits, room key holders, postcards, fans, parsals, pashminas, flip flops.

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
          http://vimeo.com/19177280

#15 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Welcome SMFS!!!! You have a lot for your bags so far!  Good job.

#16 sweetness

sweetness
            • 164 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hi Everyone !!!! I am also a Sandals bride. We are getting married in Antigua on May 28,2010

I also feel like I am alone on this website as a Sandals Antigua Bride, because that thread is dead. Its good to know there are more sandals brides out there . We are having the 3 hour reception on the beach .We are expecting 30-40 people. I have also been upgrading everything to make it my own. I look forward to chatting about our weddings and helping each other out =)

#17 JB321

JB321
              • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

What are you guys doing for favors or OOT bags? I'm so confused on this topic and I really don't want to end up spending a million dollars on things people wont even appreciate. If I could have something from Jamaica just delivered to the resort it would be the most ideal. What do you all think?

OMG The dreaded OOT bags! I am  trying to figure out mines as we speak. Since mines is in Jamaica (like you Tenny), I was going to include blue mountain coffee, appleton rum, a Personalized reggae cd mix (with pop jamaican artists like Sean Kingston etcc also), shot glasses, and another jamaican favor..not sure what.  I love the idea of the hangover kit as well!

I sort of wanted to give them memorable things and items they can'y buy. Since sandals is an all inclusive I know they won't need much, and my guests are the type to bring their own first aid kits, sunblock etc anyways. (Over packers lol).

#18 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm just beginning to plan my OOT bags, but I got some great ideas on the thread.  I have already brought Havaianas, which are my favorite flip flops, for all of my guests.  I am going to do a sort of "my favorite things" collection of stuff they will really want/use.  I saw an idea for a "too much fun, too much sun" bag with advil, aloe, etc., that we will definitely include.  If you're in Jamaica, some very thoughtful gifts would be the Blue Mountain coffee and Appleton Rum...not sure how to get them where you will be, as we went to the factory and plantation when I was there.  I also like the idea of a CD of Bob Marley/caribbean feeling music.  I want the bags to be NICE.  I feel like my guests are spending a lot of money, and it's the least I can do.  I will also include a handwritten note to each guest.

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#19 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
                  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hi WilsonJ,

I will also be upgrading my bouquet, but I will wait until I get to the resort.  My WC haven't been that great.

Tennyt1,

I know several people have said you can upgrade at the resort, but I think it depends on what type of bouquet you would like.  I am going to try and order mine at least 30 days out, on the advice of my TA.  She said she has had brides who waited until they arrived, and then the resort was unable to get whatever bouquet was requested.  I have the bouquet catalogue, and many of them are so beautiful (but some are quite pricey as well).

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#20 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Welcome aboard Sweetness.

As for the OOT bags....I too am thinking I'm going to have to some form of it.....I have to think on it some more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users