Where to start...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phinicky

• 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hello ladies,

I am new to the whole wedding planning process, and I definitely was not born with the "bride gene."  My fiance and I want to have a destination wedding.  We are currently deciding between Belize and Costa Rica. We plan on having around 60-70 guests.

Just from searching the web I am leaning towards San Ignacio, or maybe Ambergis Caye.  Our plan is to have more of a low key wedding day, with a nice reception.  We would like to plan a few outtings for our guests leading up to the wedding.  Any ideas?  Has anyone worked with a wedding coordinator down there?  How is it getting services (i.e. hair, makeup, etc).

#2 Kelitaw

• 512 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hello Phinicky,

I was married in Ambergris Caye in April...it was amazing. It is definitely someplace that is more laid back and has the island culture of "no problem". I did not work with a wedding coordinator but they do have some there...I have read good reviews of this service: http://idobelizeweddings.com/.

Good luck with your planning and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about getting married in Ambergris Caye!

#3 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

We are not getting married in Belize, but we will be honeymooning there the week after our wedding in Mexico. We are staying at a hotel called Xanadu on Ambergris Caye. It looks fantastic and the staff is really helpful with all the questions we have had!

I know that they do weddings there, maybe check them out..

Good luck with all your planning! Can't wait to see what you decide!

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users