Bridal Shower in city far from home

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maura777

• 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I am struggling with deciding what to do for my shower because my birdesmaids are throwing it in my hometown on the east coast and I live in California.  I know that I will get a lot of gifts and it would costs hundreds of dollars to ship everything back to California!  Has anyone else had a similar issue?  If so, how did you manage it?

My mom thinks I should just register for small things, but what kitchen/bedroom/bathroom stuff is small?!?  Alternatively, we were thinking of just registering at stores that they have in my home town and in California and then I could just return things and re-buy them when I get back home, but that seems like such a hassle!!

Any advice?  Thanks!

#2 MDLady

• 433 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

Your invitation should specifically ask to have gifts shipped to your home in CA rather than bringing them to the shower.  Everyone should understand that it's impossible to bring lots of household items on the plane with you!  And for those who are bringing items not from the registry - hopefully they will not be large.  But I would include that information both on the registry and on the invitation to the bridal shower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users