West Jet to Montego Bay

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 akua420

akua420
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys.

Are any of you taking Westjet to Montego Bay?  On the westjet website it says that you can only take 1 bag, and you can't pay extra for excess baggage.  If this is the case I am in SO much trouble.  And I can't find anything on weight allowances for Brides and Grooms.  Does anybody know anything abuot this? 

Thanks in advance!

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#2 karlyeny

karlyeny
    • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

Oh my !!! Im positive im also taking this airline,, i want to know too,, i have soo much to bring !

#3 Melissa&Todd

Melissa&Todd
      • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

https://www.westjet....ssBaggage.shtml

From what the website is saying, i am positive you get your two free bags (50lbs or less each) and you cannot check more then that..no exceptions,

"Montego Bay
        Additional baggage, oversized or overweight baggage is not permitted."  

so i assume (but call to make sure) that the Additional baggage is after the two bags already permitted

Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#4 akua420

akua420
        • 301 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

I know, I found that too, but my ticket says that I'm only allowed one piece of baggage and no additional others, and when I called the woman told me about the 2 bags and when I told her that she was all oh I don't know then, guess you'll have to wait til you check in.  Which is why Im wondering whats up. 

Basically I'm screwed is what I'm gathering.

#5 Melissa&Todd

Melissa&Todd
          • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by akua420 

Basically I'm screwed is what I'm gathering.

Guess I'm Screwed too , we leave in a month, maybe I can try calling tomorrow and see if someone else has an answer so we all can know. Imagine being told you can have two..then having to leave one behind...

Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#6 Mrs. LowUFO

Mrs. LowUFO
            • 110 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

We are just in the process of booking our package but it seems like every package I've come across has Westjet as the airline. I'd be really interested to hear what you guys have to say about what you are able to bring when you go!

I'll keep my fingers crossed you can acttualy bring 2 bags!!

#7 traveller2

traveller2
              • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

This came up for us a little while ago when we were booking my daughter's wedding.  Under most circumstances, West Jet allows two bags per person.  However, during the European tourist season (I believe it is May through September), luggage is restricted to 1 bag as the Montego Bay airport is very small.  Tourists from European origins generally arrive for stays of 1 month or more so are permitted more baggage.  North American tourists stays are generally shorter ... thus we get the baggage restriction.  There is a note posted on the West Jet website ... if I find the exact place, I'll post the link for you.

#8 akua420

akua420
                • 301 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

Thats what I thought!  And when I called in to speak to a lady from West Jet she told me that you are allowed 2 bags, nothing additional beyond that though.  Then my actual ticket says 1 and that you can't purchase additional luggage to bring on.  So who do I believe?  The tour group or the airline?  So frustrated.  There is NO WAY I will be able to bring everything in one suitcase.  Thats ridiculous! 

#9 traveller2

traveller2
                  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

http://www.westjet.c...ssBaggage.shtml

Here's the link at Westjet to restrictions concerning Montego Bay.  It allows 2 free checked bags and nothing further.  What I'd suggest is that you print out this page and take it with you to the airport ... they will have to honor 2 bags as that's the information they have posted.

#10 akua420

akua420
                    • 301 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

But is it possible for sunquest (who we're going with) to put restrictions?  Beacuse it says on the ticket... But that is a good idea.  Worst comes to worse they make me pay for my second bag, and then who cares.  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users