Puerto Rico Bakers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 btucker

btucker
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Greetings,

My fiance and I are searching high and low for a baker in the Rio Grande area of Puerto Rico that uses buttercream icing on wedding cakes. We visited San Juan this past April to book our wedding which will take place at the Hacienda Siesta Alegre in Rio Grande. We contacted most of the bigger name cake bakers in San Juan and were told that no one uses buttercream. I understand it's hot and humid in PR but our wedding is rainforest adjacent in early February so I can't imagine it's any hotter there than any outdoor, summer wedding I've been to in the South where they used buttercream. 

We do not care about art or decoration we just want a yummy cake for about 40 people.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

B

#2 PRbride311

PRbride311
    • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hi there!  I know it's been a while since you posted this, but did you have any luck finding a delicious baker?  I'm also getting married at the Hacienda and researching vendors!!  Any advice you have would be much appreciated!

#3 PuertoRico2013

PuertoRico2013
      • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Hello!

I know you got married a while ago, but I saw that you got married at Hacienda Siesta Alegre.  We are as well!  We have our date booked but nothing else.  If you have time could you let me know what vendors you used and if you were pleased with their services?  Thank you in advance!

Val

#4 PuertoRico2013

PuertoRico2013
        • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi!  I am also getting married at Hacienda Siesta Alegre.  I only have the date booked and nothing else.  Any advice on vendors you used would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Val

#5 l2koster

l2koster
          • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hey PuertoRico2013.  When are you getting married?  I don't think there are many PR brides on here anymore, so it's nice to see one that has posted in the past few months!  I just got engaged a month ago and we want to get married in the San Juan area in June 2013.  I know it's a ways away from Rio Grande, but have you made any progress on vendors in your area?  Do you have a wedding planner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users