Dialysis Center

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hi Girls,

My wedding is in December and I am looking for a Dialysis Center for my dad. I found one at San Jose Hospital at the marina. I was wondering if any one else has had a family member in Dialysis while vacation. I just wanted to know is it clean, is it a good hospital? Any feedback you might have I really appreciate it. I did called and they answer all my questions they seem very nice and helpful.

#2 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
    • 323 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Hi there,

I work in the renal area but in pre-dialysis. Now, knowing the standards that exist at the unit at the hospital that I work in, I would imagine that these professional standards of practice would be applied internationally.  I know we had patients who traveled to India for holidays and they had runs their and they are also a third world country so I would suggest your dad just make sure he brings his dialysis perscription and speak to his nephrologist about traveling to Mexico and getting runs their while he is on holidays. I hope he does not have a strict potassium restriction..that would be really tough down in Mexico, oh! and the sodium!

I don' t think you have to worry.

Jenn

#3 Princess J

Princess J
      • 424 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi, I am a Renal Dietitian for hemodialysis patients in Vancouver. When my patients travel they usually ask there own dialysis centre (e.g the MD or even the Unit Coordinator) to look into options for them for their holidays. Often they can provide refferals for good hospitals. Good luck!

50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#4 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
        • 170 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Thank you so much :) it really helps out.

#5 wnmrtn8

wnmrtn8
          • 170 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

My dad had his dialysis done San Jose Hospital by the marina and he had the best experience ever. They treated him so well and every one was very nice and friendly. The hospital is very clean. I recommend this hospital if you have a guest or family member that needs dialysis treatment while staying in P.V.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users