Starting the blog - blog on!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

I just like the word blog. Blog this, blog that, and hey BLOG YOU!!!

So, here I am still haunting the BDW Forum with 9.5 months of marriage under my belt. And now I’m a BDW blogger. BLOG!

Anyway, here’s my encapsulated history:

I met Rafael two jobs ago, circa 2004, at a vegetable processing company in Salinas, CA. I actually interviewed him! Over time, we became friends on the job as we interacted frequently during the course of the work day. About 9 months after being friendly and going to lunch once a week, he finally asked me out. I was excited, yet tentative as I’d never dated a divorced guy before – much less one with 2 kids. We ended up having a fantastic time and have been together ever since.

We got engaged in April 2006 in Big Sur (my favorite place ever), and married at the Cabo Surf Hotel on 3/17/2007.

Since then we’ve quit our jobs, packed up and moved from my hometown in good old Cali to the Great Northwest – Seattle to be specific. We’ve been here since September 2007. This is a huge change for all of us, but we did it so we would have a hope of ever owning a home. We are currently packed tight like sardines in a ridiculously expensive and ridiculously small 2 bed / 2 bath apartment, eagerly awaiting the construction of our new home.

My sixteen year old step son, Richard, has lived with us for the past year and a half. Although about every 4 weeks he decides he wants to move back to Arizona with his mom. Clearly, for those of you who don’t already know, this is a major source of stress and frustration in my life.

Blog on bloggers!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

oh christa!! you poor thing...i feel your pain with the space issue!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users