24 replies to this topic

#21 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wisco4
    Please stay clear of these diet pills!! I took Hydroxycut about 6 years ago and wound up in the ER with a heart spasm. I still have a murmur to this day from it. A coworker of mine also ended up in the ER from taking something similar.
    They are very dangerous and not in any way healthy. I know it seems like a good idea to drop weight quickly but not if it means putting yourself in danger.
    My doc tried several prescription ones with me, and I couldn't take them b'c of the heart rate factor.

But Adipex works great. No racing heart, still sleep well, and I still have an appetite, just not a gi-normous one. And, I have them take my blood pressure and heart rate at the gym, so I know I'm okay to take it.

It's the only one that has worked for me.

#22 B&G

B&G
    • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by foxytv
      My doc tried several prescription ones with me, and I couldn't take them b'c of the heart rate factor.

But Adipex works great. No racing heart, still sleep well, and I still have an appetite, just not a gi-normous one. And, I have them take my blood pressure and heart rate at the gym, so I know I'm okay to take it.

It's the only one that has worked for me.
      I am going to have to show Brooke this post. You used the word ginormous and she will totally appreciate that!

Did you know that the new version of the dictionary which was released this year includes that word? No joke!
      Brooke and Gen

http://daisyPath.com...05/2/2/-6/1.png
      Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Photos..Taken by our guests!
      Brooke and Gen's Las Caletas Wedding Review..(The above idea to link to our photos and review was stolen from the fabulous Ann...)

#23 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by B&G
        I am going to have to show Brooke this post. You used the word ginormous and she will totally appreciate that!

Did you know that the new version of the dictionary which was released this year includes that word? No joke!
        lol. that is too funny!

#24 Lizzy

Lizzy
        • 501 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

Be very careful with OTC and herbals. They can mess up any perscription drugs you may be taking! No joking around with this, it can be very seious. Last fall I was in nursing school. We had tons of lectures dealing with Natural, Herbal, and OTC being taken while on RXs.
          I would love to find that magic pill b/4 Maggie's wedding! It ain't gonna happen that way. Damn! But if it did, I am convinced it would have to be a prescription drug.
          For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#25 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizzy
            Be very careful with OTC and herbals. They can mess up any perscription drugs you may be taking! No joking around with this, it can be very seious. Last fall I was in nursing school. We had tons of lectures dealing with Natural, Herbal, and OTC being taken while on RXs.
            I would love to find that magic pill b/4 Maggie's wedding! It ain't gonna happen that way. Damn! But if it did, I am convinced it would have to be a prescription drug.
            Good point!

I wasn't taking any prescription RX when I tried the herbals ... and now that I'm on prescription RX, all the herbals are back in the medicine cabinet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users