Jump to content

Photo

cake cutting question


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • Jr. Member
  • 354 posts

    Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

    If I use a outside vendor for my cake , then the Hilton Los Cabo charge a fee.
    Have anyone allowed someone else beside the hotel to cut the cake to avoid the fee? Two of my guest do wedding cakes, it would not be a problem for one of them to cut the cake. Let me know your thoughts

    #2 TammyB

    TammyB
    • Sr. Member
    • 10,630 posts

      Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

      hmm The Hilton may still charge you a fee because you will need plates to put the cake on and so forth. You may want to check with them.

      #3 NYJen

      NYJen
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,326 posts

        Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:15 PM

        My cake cutting fee is being waived because I am doing the block of rooms. I also let Emeline know that I thought it was ridiculous to charge $3 per person for a cake cutting fee. Heck, I would have had my BIL go in the kitchen and cut the cake for us. HA!!!

        #4 Golden

        Golden
        • Jr. Member
        • 354 posts

          Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
          My cake cutting fee is being waived because I am doing the block of rooms. I also let Emeline know that I thought it was ridiculous to charge $3 per person for a cake cutting fee. Heck, I would have had my BIL go in the kitchen and cut the cake for us. HA!!!

          I am doing a room block also. I am going to send her a email. I think if you do a room block it should be waived.

          #5 Golden

          Golden
          • Jr. Member
          • 354 posts

            Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyB
            hmm The Hilton may still charge you a fee because you will need plates to put the cake on and so forth. You may want to check with them.
            I think that's why they charge a fee because I need plates

            #6 NYJen

            NYJen
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,326 posts

              Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kendra
              I am doing a room block also. I am going to send her a email. I think if you do a room block it should be waived.
              Yes, and tell her you are on the forum (she's on here too and doesn't like negative things said about her) and you read from other brides here that their cake fees were waived because of their room block.

              #7 Golden

              Golden
              • Jr. Member
              • 354 posts

                Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
                Yes, and tell her you are on the forum (she's on here too and doesn't like negative things said about her) and you read from other brides here that their cake fees were waived because of their room block.
                I will, thank you!!!

                #8 DreamsTulumBride

                DreamsTulumBride
                • Member
                • 766 posts

                  Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

                  Just wondering why you don't want to use the hotel's chef to bake you a cake?

                  Annie

                  #9 Golden

                  Golden
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 354 posts

                    Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by annieroy
                    Just wondering why you don't want to use the hotel's chef to bake you a cake?

                    Annie
                    hilton cake $500, so a slice of cake was like $8.50, When I know avg slice of cake is $2.50-4.50 per slice. and Jennifer Hatton was in my budget.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users