anyone else concerned about the oil spill?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 pryncesslinda

• 20 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:47 AM

I was very concerned about it too... until my friend Sam Champion on Good Morning America showed a map of the projected path. The way the current runs down there in the coast is up towards the Florida Keys, then it will wrap around Florida and go up north towards Bermuda and the Carolina's. i hope he's right!
    Secrets Maroma Beach
    April 30, 2011
    The day I will marry my Best Friend!

#12 Bpink62581

• 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

I was watching Sam on GMA too when he was explaining the path....I hope that they get it under control before it wraps around Fla and up to the Carolinas as thats where I live! But I am thankful, or rather hopeful that it won't reach Mexico at all!

#13 JNagan2011

• 451 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

Yes very thankful/hopeful it shouldn't reach mexico.. However very sad that it ever happened; all those poor animals

#14 pryncesslinda

• 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

I know... it's horrible whats happening to all the animals, and all of the fishing ships. And also for all of the tourist spots that it will affect. I hope BP figures somthing out soon! It's so ridic already.
          Secrets Maroma Beach
          April 30, 2011
          The day I will marry my Best Friend!

#15 nmurch

• 396 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

i hate thinking about it but my FH is super nervous about it.. i REALLY hope that they clean & clear it up ASAP!
            jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#16 JoanneIreland

• 860 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

From all accounts I don't think the Mexican Riviera should be affected. Hope they get it fixed though for everyone else.

#17 CamilleA

• 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

Just got back from PDC this past weekend - didn't see any kind of impact...I'm more concerned with all the animals it is absolutely ridiculous that they are taking so long!!!
                Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#18 rosieposie

• 649 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

read in the Vancouver Sun today, Carol Browner, the White House director of climate change and energy policy, said "BP spill would likely end up being the largest in American history".

and they showed a photo of a dead porpoise drying up in the sand
                  those poor animals didn't even know what hit them.....

#19 lalanyc

• 363 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

Umm, forget the oil spill. I'm now worried about HURRICANES!

I would strongly suggest getting insurance if you like to worry (like me). According to this article, this year is on track for a very active season.

'Hell of a year' for hurricanes, experts warn- msnbc.com

#20 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                    • Vendor
                    • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

concerned: YES

Will it reach Me Hi CO: don't think so

Am I frustrated with deep water drilling: Umm, yeah.

Do I drive a car (2 of them actually)?: yes, so I'm supporting this shiat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users