Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bethtamar

Target's Registry Return Policy

Recommended Posts

I knew 8 years ago their return policy was terrible. I didn't know it still was. I guess we will try to register for most of our stuff at BB&B. We live in NC, but our reception will be in Texas. I'm worried people will give us stuff in Texas that's too big to fly with us. I thought we could just return it to target in TX & buy it again in NC. Sounds like that won't work. Maybe we'll just register for little stuff at target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as i LOVE target, I don't think I'd register there either... everytime I want to buy something off a registry, they never have complete sets or they don't have it at all.

 

Also, if you notice, if you do have a receipt, your receipts expire! Then you can't return/exchange anything at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I knew 8 years ago their return policy was terrible. I didn't know it still was. I guess we will try to register for most of our stuff at BB&B. We live in NC, but our reception will be in Texas. I'm worried people will give us stuff in Texas that's too big to fly with us. I thought we could just return it to target in TX & buy it again in NC. Sounds like that won't work. Maybe we'll just register for little stuff at target.
I'm sure its posted somewhere else ... but I can't find it .... where in NC are youhuh.gif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Durham, I'm a grad student at Duke.

 

We are going to have a complicated time with gifts. We don't have space for many new things in our little apartment, so we want to keep some stuff in his parents attic in Texas. We plan on moving back to Texas in 3 years. So if everything works out perfect, the stuff we can use now (towels, plates, silverware) will be shipped to NC. And the big stuff we aren't ready for yet will be given to us in Texas. Really, I just hope we get a lot of giftcards or cash. We have a similar problem at Christmas. Everything we get has to fly home with us. I also like to go shopping at the after christmas sales. We've tried to tell everyone we don't need gifts for Christmas, but they give us stuff anyway. So I know it won't work if we just don't register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered at target and I have returned things without a receipt, I have returned 3 things for store credit and 1 just exchanged it 'cause I got it broken (or broke it on my way home hahahaha)

 

I really have had no problems.. I even returned an article that wasn't on my registry..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
I registered at target and I have returned things without a receipt, I have returned 3 things for store credit and 1 just exchanged it 'cause I got it broken (or broke it on my way home hahahaha)

I really have had no problems.. I even returned an article that wasn't on my registry..
I am so glad to hear that Ana! I already registered there and was not looking forward to having to delete the stuff and re-register elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlymcmullen View Post
I am so glad to hear that Ana! I already registered there and was not looking forward to having to delete the stuff and re-register elsewhere.
yesterday I even returned a blender that i had already used (but wasn't working well) and had no problem..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
yesterday I even returned a blender that i had already used (but wasn't working well) and had no problem..
I guess each target differs, you must have great customer service at yours Anny! Because mine is HORRIBLE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I guess each target differs, you must have great customer service at yours Anny! Because mine is HORRIBLE!
maybe because we're in the border and people working there are actually mexicans hehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×