Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
starchild

You might be a child of the 80's if...(really long)

Recommended Posts

I love this!!!! Thanks Jamy!!!

 

I remember loving the Cover Girls and I thought I thought I was so "cool" when I took JJ Fad's red record to school!

 

then I couldn't afford Keds, so we bought every single color of the knock off at payless and made sure to where two pairs of scrunchie matching socks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I love this!!!! Thanks Jamy!!!

I remember loving the Cover Girls and I thought I thought I was so "cool" when I took JJ Fad's red record to school!

then I couldn't afford Keds, so we bought every single color of the knock off at payless and made sure to where two pairs of scrunchie matching socks!
Fake keds were all I wore. I didn't have any real lace up shoes until I got my neon pink LA gears in 5th grade.

Remember keppas? They were cheerleading shoes, but everyone started wearing them. You could swap out the colored triangles. I'd change mine every day to match my outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ Fad's red record.....now that's a flashback!! I used to have to whisper freaks as in "the p is for perfection and you know that we are freaks" LMAO!! And records...those are flashbacks too - ha!

 

I so got the fake Keds too, in all the colors, I even had a floral pair, lol. Scrunchie socks takes me back too I never had the Kappas but I know exactly what you're talking about - the ads were in all the Seventeen magazines, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Fake keds were all I wore. I didn't have any real lace up shoes until I got my neon pink LA gears in 5th grade.

Remember keppas? They were cheerleading shoes, but everyone started wearing them. You could swap out the colored triangles. I'd change mine every day to match my outfit.
I do remember them, I didn't have them though. But I did have LA Gears!

I used to have Punky Bruster shoes from Payless too that had a tiny pocket on the side.. it barely fit my quarter for popcorn fridays in elem school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
JJ Fad's red record.....now that's a flashback!! I used to have to whisper freaks as in "the p is for perfection and you know that we are freaks" LMAO!! And records...those are flashbacks too - ha!

I so got the fake Keds too, in all the colors, I even had a floral pair, lol. Scrunchie socks takes me back too I never had the Kappas but I know exactly what you're talking about - the ads were in all the Seventeen magazines, lol.
Oh I used to say the same for for "hell" and I love super sonic... as you know, I dont have any sisters so two of my cousins used to rehearse super sonic and we called our selves the Mud girls, cuz spelled backwards was dum (yes this is when I realized that there was a silent b at the end, haha)

And Paula- the same cousins and I used to rehearse "Flans" and "Timberiche" too! I used to be Ilse and Thalia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
And Paula- the same cousins and I used to rehearse "Flans" and "Timberiche" too! I used to be Ilse and Thalia!
Haha! I was Ilse too! I still listen to Flans! Shhhhhh!
Timbiriche is having a 25 year reunion, a cd just came out.
Sasha, who was in Timbiriche before Thalia, is on the cover of Instyle (en espanol). I wonder if I can get that delivered to me here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Haha! I was Ilse too! I still listen to Flans! Shhhhhh!
Timbiriche is having a 25 year reunion, a cd just came out.
Sasha, who was in Timbiriche before Thalia, is on the cover of Instyle (en espanol). I wonder if I can get that delivered to me here?
I remember Sasha! But from a tv show, i think it was a show about a daughter, mother and grandmother!

I had no idea they were coming out with a cd! Did Paulina Rubio participate too? Thalia?? How funny! I remember Thalia looking so uptight compared to the rest of the group (or at least in the video we used to have, haha!)

We had this video for Flans which had some songs from Timiniriche and Mecan, there was another group but I cant remember the name... hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Mexico City.
Very cool. Okay, I have a 80's Mexican televison question for you & Amy. Did you guys used to watch Carnival? I don't know if I'm spelling it right, but we used to watch that show after school, it was like a novela for kids...hahaha we learned a lot of Spanish from that show...lol And we used to watch Xu Xa? I know I'm spelling that wrong, but she was hot and had a talk show...so funny. Please tell me you remember those pinkie.gif

Hey it's not Carnival it's Carousel....or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×