You might be a child of the 80's if...(really long)

I love this!!!! Thanks Jamy!!!

I remember loving the Cover Girls and I thought I thought I was so "cool" when I took JJ Fad's red record to school!

then I couldn't afford Keds, so we bought every single color of the knock off at payless and made sure to where two pairs of scrunchie matching socks!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I love this!!!! Thanks Jamy!!!

I remember loving the Cover Girls and I thought I thought I was so "cool" when I took JJ Fad's red record to school!

then I couldn't afford Keds, so we bought every single color of the knock off at payless and made sure to where two pairs of scrunchie matching socks!
Fake keds were all I wore. I didn't have any real lace up shoes until I got my neon pink LA gears in 5th grade.

Remember keppas? They were cheerleading shoes, but everyone started wearing them. You could swap out the colored triangles. I'd change mine every day to match my outfit.

JJ Fad's red record.....now that's a flashback!! I used to have to whisper freaks as in "the p is for perfection and you know that we are freaks" LMAO!! And records...those are flashbacks too - ha!

I so got the fake Keds too, in all the colors, I even had a floral pair, lol. Scrunchie socks takes me back too I never had the Kappas but I know exactly what you're talking about - the ads were in all the Seventeen magazines, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Fake keds were all I wore. I didn't have any real lace up shoes until I got my neon pink LA gears in 5th grade.

Remember keppas? They were cheerleading shoes, but everyone started wearing them. You could swap out the colored triangles. I'd change mine every day to match my outfit.
I do remember them, I didn't have them though. But I did have LA Gears!

I used to have Punky Bruster shoes from Payless too that had a tiny pocket on the side.. it barely fit my quarter for popcorn fridays in elem school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
JJ Fad's red record.....now that's a flashback!! I used to have to whisper freaks as in "the p is for perfection and you know that we are freaks" LMAO!! And records...those are flashbacks too - ha!

I so got the fake Keds too, in all the colors, I even had a floral pair, lol. Scrunchie socks takes me back too I never had the Kappas but I know exactly what you're talking about - the ads were in all the Seventeen magazines, lol.
Oh I used to say the same for for "hell" and I love super sonic... as you know, I dont have any sisters so two of my cousins used to rehearse super sonic and we called our selves the Mud girls, cuz spelled backwards was dum (yes this is when I realized that there was a silent b at the end, haha)

And Paula- the same cousins and I used to rehearse "Flans" and "Timberiche" too! I used to be Ilse and Thalia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
And Paula- the same cousins and I used to rehearse "Flans" and "Timberiche" too! I used to be Ilse and Thalia!
Haha! I was Ilse too! I still listen to Flans! Shhhhhh!
Timbiriche is having a 25 year reunion, a cd just came out.
Sasha, who was in Timbiriche before Thalia, is on the cover of Instyle (en espanol). I wonder if I can get that delivered to me here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Haha! I was Ilse too! I still listen to Flans! Shhhhhh!
Timbiriche is having a 25 year reunion, a cd just came out.
Sasha, who was in Timbiriche before Thalia, is on the cover of Instyle (en espanol). I wonder if I can get that delivered to me here?
I remember Sasha! But from a tv show, i think it was a show about a daughter, mother and grandmother!

I had no idea they were coming out with a cd! Did Paulina Rubio participate too? Thalia?? How funny! I remember Thalia looking so uptight compared to the rest of the group (or at least in the video we used to have, haha!)

We had this video for Flans which had some songs from Timiniriche and Mecan, there was another group but I cant remember the name... hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Mexico City.
Very cool. Okay, I have a 80's Mexican televison question for you & Amy. Did you guys used to watch Carnival? I don't know if I'm spelling it right, but we used to watch that show after school, it was like a novela for kids...hahaha we learned a lot of Spanish from that show...lol And we used to watch Xu Xa? I know I'm spelling that wrong, but she was hot and had a talk show...so funny. Please tell me you remember those pinkie.gif

Hey it's not Carnival it's Carousel....or something like that?