Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
Have any of you guys picked out your bouquets/centerpieces with the resort yet?

I'm curious as to what types of flowers are in season in Mexico in January. Although, since the climate doesn't fluctuate much, perhaps it's the same types of flowers yearound.

The bouquet I have my heart set on is orchids and roses. Haven't really decided on the bouttenieres or BM bouquets yet. Not sure about centerpieces either.

I know that some types of orchids have to be specially ordered and shipped via Mexico City, but perhaps there are some orchids that are native to Mexico and more readily available?

I know that dahlias are native to Mexico, so I'm assuming that those have good availability. I don't mind paying extra to have certain flowers shipped, but I'd like to know what's locally grown.

If anyone can shed some light, please do :)
this was my proof for my real touch flowers that i have changed a little bit like the ribbon etc but generally they are gunnalook like that.
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...a-think-58666/

and my centerpeices i WAS thinking of doing 8" circle mirror glass with 3 different level candles with some petals around it and turquoise tealights,. now not sure. either that or a rectangle glass with limes and calalilies! or limes with those little water ball things cheesy.gif lol

and about flower avaliablility there is a thread for mexicos flower avaliablility under the flower and decoration thread, it's a sticky i believe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flowers look great nmurch! And I have to giggle that both our FI's found Hugo Boss suits!

 

As for flowers, I don't really have a set type of flower in mind, just colors. I know my bouquet has to be white, purple and pink. It's a tribute to my Mom, since she is in a nursing home and won't be able to attend. And those are the colors of her wedding bouquet. I will really have to check out the sticky about local Mexico flowers. Hope the page has pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
The Flowers look great nmurch! And I have to giggle that both our FI's found Hugo Boss suits!

As for flowers, I don't really have a set type of flower in mind, just colors. I know my bouquet has to be white, purple and pink. It's a tribute to my Mom, since she is in a nursing home and won't be able to attend. And those are the colors of her wedding bouquet. I will really have to check out the sticky about local Mexico flowers. Hope the page has pictures!
yea i almost had a heart attack when i seen his pants rings in as 445 :o
i died a little inside that day. haha.

i love the idea that you are goning to make a tribute to your mom who cant make it by using the same colours as her bouqet was. thats SO cute. i'm sure she will love it!!

for my grandpa and baba who died i found super cute bouqet charms.. these are the images from the website, not my grandparents, but you'll get the idea.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmurch View Post
yea i almost had a heart attack when i seen his pants rings in as 445 :o
i died a little inside that day. haha.

i love the idea that you are goning to make a tribute to your mom who cant make it by using the same colours as her bouqet was. thats SO cute. i'm sure she will love it!!

for my grandpa and baba who died i found super cute bouqet charms.. these are the images from the website, not my grandparents, but you'll get the idea.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Hee hee...agree about the suit price! But it makes me feel better about how much I spent on my dress! :)

Love the bouquet charms. Where did you find those? My dad passed away 11 years ago, and I would love to have something to represent him. I had not really figured out how to work him in yet. Although I know we will have one of the BM or GM do a toast for those that can't make it, but are with us in spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmel View Post
Hee hee...agree about the suit price! But it makes me feel better about how much I spent on my dress! :)

Love the bouquet charms. Where did you find those? My dad passed away 11 years ago, and I would love to have something to represent him. I had not really figured out how to work him in yet. Although I know we will have one of the BM or GM do a toast for those that can't make it, but are with us in spirit.
i found a maker that lives in the US off ebay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nmurch, I love your flowers! I'd like to get real touch ones done, but there's no way i'll have the room to get them to mexico!

 

Tara, I pretty much do nothing but think about flowers!!!!! I'm even boring myself now! I love orchids, but i know they're really expensive, thought about taking some fake ones with us, but like i said above, no room! I know i want pink purple and white, reckon i'm just going to have to chill out for the next 5 1/2 months and see when i get there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmurch View Post
i found a maker that lives in the US off ebay!
Thanks! I'll have to take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
nmurch, I love your flowers! I'd like to get real touch ones done, but there's no way i'll have the room to get them to mexico!

Tara, I pretty much do nothing but think about flowers!!!!! I'm even boring myself now! I love orchids, but i know they're really expensive, thought about taking some fake ones with us, but like i said above, no room! I know i want pink purple and white, reckon i'm just going to have to chill out for the next 5 1/2 months and see when i get there!

well for me my flowers, ring and dress are my carryon and there are certain things that i am sending down prior to the wedding to the hotel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmurch View Post
well for me my flowers, ring and dress are my carryon and there are certain things that i am sending down prior to the wedding to the hotel!
Girlie, be very careful with sending things down ahead of time. I think I read in a thread somewhere that they don't advise you to do this...it's super expensive, and a lot of times gets caught up in customs never to be seen again!!!

I just wanted to give you a word of warning...if you do send stuff down, make sure it's not the "important" elements that will make or break your wedding.

If you already know all this, ignore me cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb0arder13 View Post
Girlie, be very careful with sending things down ahead of time. I think I read in a thread somewhere that they don't advise you to do this...it's super expensive, and a lot of times gets caught up in customs never to be seen again!!!

I just wanted to give you a word of warning...if you do send stuff down, make sure it's not the "important" elements that will make or break your wedding.

If you already know all this, ignore me cheesy.gif
Oh for sure I wouldn't sent anything down that so so so important... Just stuff to make it easier on me ha. I've already got a bunch of family carrying items in their suit cases for me haha and I have like 4 lugages b/w me and the FH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×