Photo

Anyone marry at the ME Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

Wow.  Thanks for your honest review. I was also looking at ME Cancun  b/c I like the moderness of the hotel.  But ME Cancun always seems like its a "Hot Spot" hotel with a Miami Style party vibe and All though I  want people at my wedding to have a great time. I think having it at ME Cancun would take away a lot from my wedding or take the focus off my wedding and more on partying it up.

I've also read a lot of the TripAdvisor Reviews too and a lot of the visitors were not happy with the hotel are the All-Inclusive plan.  Some complained too about the constant pressure to go to timeshare seminars, etc.

So again Thank you for your review. You have defintely helped me ruling out ME Cancun.

#12 magikstarrynite7

magikstarrynite7
    • Site Supporter
    • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by JetsettinBride 

Wow.  Thanks for your honest review. I was also looking at ME Cancun  b/c I like the moderness of the hotel.  But ME Cancun always seems like its a "Hot Spot" hotel with a Miami Style party vibe and All though I  want people at my wedding to have a great time. I think having it at ME Cancun would take away a lot from my wedding or take the focus off my wedding and more on partying it up.

I've also read a lot of the TripAdvisor Reviews too and a lot of the visitors were not happy with the hotel are the All-Inclusive plan.  Some complained too about the constant pressure to go to timeshare seminars, etc.

So again Thank you for your review. You have defintely helped me ruling out ME Cancun.

Have you looked at the Palace Resorts Jetsettin Bride? I think I'm leaning towards that route because it is very cost effective. Hoping to stay there in May and FI said the food is really good :)

hoping we get there someday soon

#13 Brenners

Brenners
      • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

My FI and I just stayed at Me Cancun and were not impressed.  They call themselves a romantic getaway and they are nowhere near that.  Nice decor but very LOUD and definitely a spring break party vibe.  Saw a wedding on the beach and there was no privacy with beach goers sitting just a few feet away.  Beach was littered with cigarette butts and loud drunk people.  I wrote a more detailed review in another Me by Melia thread if you want to check it out. 

#14 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
        • 299 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hi magikstarrynite,

Yes, I've looked at a a couple of the Palace Resorts.  Dreams Cancun, NOW Cancun, Dreams Los Cabos and LeBlanc and the Hard Rock Punta Cana.  I'm still trying to narrow it down.

Originally Posted by magikstarrynite7 

Have you looked at the Palace Resorts Jetsettin Bride? I think I'm leaning towards that route because it is very cost effective. Hoping to stay there in May and FI said the food is really good :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users