Photo

New here, getting married in Cuba over Christmas. Trying to decide on a resort!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Fireweed

Fireweed
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are getting married over Christmas break in Varadero this year, after much research and a lot of second-guessing about locations. Cuba was always our first choice, so we decided to just go with it and get married in Varadero this December, regardless of the weather (which will hopefully be nice and hot *fingers crossed*)

We're looking at a few resorts in Varadero: Tryp Penninsula (my parents have been there and loved it), Paradisus Varadero, Blau Varadero and Iberostar Varadero.

The choice will also depend on the prices which we'll be getting soon for our travel agent.

For those of you who got married over the winter - how far in advance did you book? Any resort recommendations?

A free or reasonable wedding package is a bonus!

Thanks! I can't wait to get over this big part of planning and just have little things to focus on.

#2 Melidell

Melidell
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

I don't know about the other resort chains, but we're getting married at a Melia and their resorts (Melia/Sol) have free wedding packages if you have over 17 people stay there with you. I'm sure that plenty of other chains do, too- maybe mention it to your TA. I've heard great things about Iberostar resorts, also (we were strongly considering Iberostar Laguna Azul). Good luck- choosing just one resort can be so hard!
      Loving married life!

#3 Fireweed

Fireweed
      • 77 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

Actually Melia Varadero is definitely one of our choices as well, it looks beautiful!
        When is your wedding?

What city in Canada are you flying from?

#4 Melidell

Melidell
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fireweed
          Actually Melia Varadero is definitely one of our choices as well, it looks beautiful!
          When is your wedding?

What city in Canada are you flying from?
          It's April 28th- we leave from Halifax in just over a month. I'm very excited!
          Loving married life!

#5 krista_nf

krista_nf
          • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

We are getting married at the Melia Varadero... NEXT WEEK! So excited!! lol... anyways... if you are still considering that resort I can answer any questions about it when we get back.

#6 frannkie

frannkie
            • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:39 AM

I am getting married at the Iberostar Laguna Azul, I had a very hard time choosing the resort but I went with my gut and chose it. It looks very nice and the reviews seemed great. Hope that kind of helps, it's a tough choice.

#7 Lucky Bride

Lucky Bride
              • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

I am getting married at Rose Hall Hilton in Montego Bay and I chose it because of the Golfers and the children attending

#8 Jeff Babineau

Jeff Babineau
                • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Paradisus Varadero looks awesome. Anything by Iberostar looks great as well. good luck in your decision.

#9 Fireweed

Fireweed
                  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for your help! I'm sure we'll have a great time at any of the 'top' resorts, just have to make a final decision.

krista_nf, I'd love to hear a review when you get back. Have a great time!

#10 AnyafromCineart

AnyafromCineart
                    • 238 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi Fireweed,

Iberostar Varadero is definitely the best for a wedding in Varadero. Belkis is one of the best coordinators I had a chance to meet working in the industry. Patient and awesome:)
                      You can check slideshows from the latest weddings there:

Beth and Brett

and

Jessica and Brandon

I will have some info about new Iberostar in couple of weeks - I'm shooting there in April.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users