Photo

Agave Grill or La Playita?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bethtamar

bethtamar
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

Has anyone eaten at either Agave Grill or La Playita? We may have our rehearsal dinner at one of the two restaurants...
    Beth and Jason
    May 25, 2008
    Nuevo Vallarta

#2 bbdq_21

bbdq_21
    • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

I have eaten at Agave Grill. It is very Mexican... they make their salsa in front of you at the table... it is AMAZING!! They have a huge selection of tequila and the service is good. It is a very small and rustic restaurant... the only downside is that it doesnt have a view. I definitely recommend you try Barcelona Tapas for an amzing ambience and view. The guy who owns Agave Grill also owns Barcelona.... I have never heard of La Playita but I will ask around down here for you (I live in PV)

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

Never been to either but I would recommend Agave Grill just based on having worked with Bill (the owner as mentioned above) to set up our WD at Barcelona Tapas. He's very involved in his restaurants and the quality of food. The night of our WD he came from Agave Grill where he was making sure everything was running smoothly, then came and introduced himself to all of our guests individually. You won't be disappointed with anything he is involved in :o)

And yes, the view at Barcelona is spectacular!! If you have any questions about having your WD there I'd be happy to help!

#4 bethtamar

bethtamar
        • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for the advice. The third option is Sandrina's in Bucerias. Has anyone been there?
          Beth and Jason
          May 25, 2008
          Nuevo Vallarta

#5 bbdq_21

bbdq_21
          • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Yeah... thats a really cool little place. Its really reasonably priced and the food is good. But if you are going out that far, you definitely should go see Mezzagiorno its the newest restaurant out in Bucerias which is very close to Sandrinas but the ambience is AMAZING. Its right on the beach/water front with a huge tree growing in the middle of the restaurant.

#6 Lorilou

Lorilou
            • 533 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Bethtamar, are you planning your rehearsal dinner or are you having Kristin plan it? we are currently trying to find a place through DD to accomodate 90 people for a sit down/buffet dinner with drinks for a welcome/rehearsal dinner. but finding places can't stay within our $50-60/pp budget. any suggestions? thanks! we've looked at agave grill and villa Premiere for a cocktail and heavy appetizers but no dinner...

#7 bethtamar

bethtamar
              • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:44 AM

Hi Lori!
                We are having Kristin plan our rehearsal dinner. We are actually having a small dinner for 25 (just the wedding party and spouses) and then we are inviting everyone to join us for welcome drinks and a salsa lesson! We have not decided where to hold it yet because my fiance's mother hasn't given us a budget yet, however, Kristin was able to find us options with drinks for under $60 a person! Where are you holding your wedding?
                Beth and Jason
                May 25, 2008
                Nuevo Vallarta

#8 Lorilou

Lorilou
                • 533 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

We are holding our wedding at Casa Salamandra, a private villa in nuevo Vallarta. Have you organized hotels for your guests? I'm trying to navigate that task currently.

#9 bethtamar

bethtamar
                  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

I am trying to reserve rooms at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta but I am still waiting to hear about their deposit/refund policy! Paradise village is also in NV. Where are you thinking of having your guests stay?
                    Beth and Jason
                    May 25, 2008
                    Nuevo Vallarta

#10 Lorilou

Lorilou
                    • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bethtamar
                      I am trying to reserve rooms at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta but I am still waiting to hear about their deposit/refund policy! Paradise village is also in NV. Where are you thinking of having your guests stay?
                      I tried at the westin but they want to charge me $3,000 for the deposit and not refund it until after check out!! ugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users