Photo

Ceremony songs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 olisa6

olisa6
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

I am having trouble picking some songs for the prelude/processional/recessional. I don't want the traditional Cannon in D, Here comes the bride and the Bridal march. Any ideas on good songs or websites that have more modern songs to choose from? Also what were your ceremony songs. I plan on having a romantic trio for the ceremony.

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

You might want to try one of these threads:

http://bestdestinati....onal-song.html

http://bestdestinati....own-aisle.html

They have tons of responses, and lots of options! :)
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:16 PM

are you opposed to just letting the trio pick the songs and just play whatever? that's what we did! i can see where that won't work for everyone, to let them have control.

#4 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
        • 108 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

My BM's, the flower girls and ring bearers are walking down to Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somerwhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" song. I'm walking down to Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of My Life". We have a mariachi band playing for the cocktail hour. They are going to start as soon as the Judge introduces us, so we have no idea what that song will be... only that it's festive. Ole!
          KM
          Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#5 olisa6

olisa6
          • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            are you opposed to just letting the trio pick the songs and just play whatever? that's what we did! i can see where that won't work for everyone, to let them have control.
            No, I'm not opposed to letting the trio pick. I just want something different than the traditional stuff. I guess if I tell them not to do the traditional stuff they will pick something good, it is what they do for a living!!

I'd still like to get an idea of what others are walking down the aisle to.

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

i didn't want traditional either - i just told my trio to play something "appropriate" - i actually have no idea what they played - i didn't even notice!

#7 olisa6

olisa6
              • 125 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                i didn't want traditional either - i just told my trio to play something "appropriate" - i actually have no idea what they played - i didn't even notice!
                You are probably sooo right... I will not even notice what I am walking down the aisle to either:) Its a beach wedding so I want it to be casual and fun!!

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

well, really i just didn't want to bother picking the music ... it all comes down to laziness! :) lol paul picked all of our music - even our first dance (it was a surprise to me) - i'm really not a music person - which is why i was ok with just letting them do their thing.

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
                    My BM's, the flower girls and ring bearers are walking down to Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somerwhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" song. I'm walking down to Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of My Life". We have a mariachi band playing for the cocktail hour. They are going to start as soon as the Judge introduces us, so we have no idea what that song will be... only that it's festive. Ole!
                    very nice songs....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users