ROR Beach Party Questions - Past Brides

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hello All!!

THanks for all the great advice. Tying up loose ends. We wouldlike to save money and do not want to have a poolside or private beach party. From the threads I have learned that ROR has a beach party on Saturday night which is my weddding day. My few questions.

* What time does the ebach party start?

* Is there entertainment at the beach party?

* Do you think if I had just celebrated at the beach party instead of a private after recpetion party it would work out?

Thanks for any info! If the beach party is an option than I am going to skip something private if possible. Otherwise we will do poolside dj after the semi-private reception.

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Loveisintheair
      Hello All!!

THanks for all the great advice. Tying up loose ends. We wouldlike to save money and do not want to have a poolside or private beach party. From the threads I have learned that ROR has a beach party on Saturday night which is my weddding day. My few questions.

* What time does the ebach party start?

If I remember correctly the beach party probably starts btwn 7pm or 8pm. If I'm wrong about this I'm sure the past ROR brides will chime in but when I was there in June I remember we had dinner reservations at 6:30 & we went to the beach party right after that & it was just starting.

* Is there entertainment at the beach party?

Yes, there is plenty of entertainment. There is singing (live band), dancing (fire dancers), the entertainment crew is there & do a great job of getting the crowd involved!

* Do you think if I had just celebrated at the beach party instead of a private after recpetion party it would work out?

I think it would work!! My guests & I had a ball at the beach party.
      The entertainment crew will definitely acknowledge you & FI as the bride & groom too!

Thanks for any info! If the beach party is an option than I am going to skip something private if possible. Otherwise we will do poolside dj after the semi-private reception.
      Just keep in mind that the setup at the beach party is really standing room only. There aren't any tables and there are a few beach chairs but honestly you won't be able to see if you're sitting down, so for the most part, we were standing all night. If you & your guests can deal with that then it can work for you.

#3 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
      • 344 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks Justustwo!!! Great info! One more question. Okay so I think I scratch the poolside reception because I want people to have the opportunity to enjoy beach party that night. I do have a few people who would not be able to stand but it will be late by then as well. Maybe I need to think about this again.

Now we have a timing thing. I get married at 4 and our reception is at 6:30pm. Do you think my time is too close to have a cocktail hour? I think so but not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users