Photo

BlueBay Grand Esmeralda

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 nadine2014

nadine2014
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Both you and Nadine will not be disappointed. I was married there on July 21st 2012.  We used Octavio Montes as our photographer for both the wedding and the Trash the Dress.  He was fabulous and his packages include all the pictures at a very reasonable rate.  Be glad you both choose months that are not too very hot in Mexico.  We were melting in July and scheduled the Steak House as our after wedding dinner.  I didn't realize it was not air conditioned, and with the wedding dress with all the under garments, I was totally miserable!!  Also, I don't believe you will have the lagoon smell when you are there either.  We visited in Dec before we decided on BBGE and there were No bad odors at that time of the year.  Best Wishes!! 

Hi Suzie, I got a quote from Octavio and his work is lovely but I was hesitant about his online portfolio. I know it's a lot to ask, but if you we're willing, could you send me some of your photos by Octavio? Completely understand if you don't want to, but it's such a hard decision!! Haha What was your favourite a la carte? We were thinking about the steak house to our dinner. Did you have a after dinner party? How was their nightly entertainment? Did you book their DJ? Thanks for any info possible!!! :)

#22 Marta86

Marta86
    • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

How much are they charging for speakers? I might just bring my own, we have these small ihome speakers that are great and pretty loud for their small size. The credit card info. is a $500 non refundable deposit to save the day and time of your wedding. The free wedding package is only for up to $20 people, i think, no? We will probably have more people than that. I should look into it a little more. Do you know if they have it set up for toasts and the first dance etc. or are we suppose to organize that?

#23 Marta86

Marta86
      • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Sorry there was not suppose to be a $ beside 20 people :)

#24 nadine2014

nadine2014
        • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yes, that package is for only 20 people, but for all the packages they have a limit then you pay a $18 fee after 20people. We are pushing 70 people (FI kept inviting more and more ugh!) PM me your email and ill send you the speakers/ DJ rental info :)

#25 Marta86

Marta86
          • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sure, m_bodzan@msn.com. Thanks! Are you staying for a week/ 7 days? I wanted to get the free wedding as well but i thought it would end up costing more to upgrade. How much approx. does it cost for the upgrade?

#26 nadine2014

nadine2014
            • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I sent you the DJ info. For us it cost $600 less to upgrade and get the free wedding package if you can believe it! We are staying 7 days then off to Florida to the family condo for a week

#27 Marta86

Marta86
              • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yes thank you Nadine! It was cheaper for us to upgrade too! I think we will have our own speakers and have our own music unless we can rent their system...

#28 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Great info ladies!!! especially since the music is such an important contributor to the Celebration Fun!!! wishing everyone the Happiest Celebrations Ever!!!  ........Enjoy :)

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#29 jillian2014

jillian2014
                  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm getting married April 29th, 2014 at BlueBay Grand Esmeralda and I was just wondering how long it took for them to respond to you after you sent your $500 deposit? It's been 3 days now and normally I wouldn't care that much about a slow response, but I worry that I've sent my credit card out into the wilderness for free range now ha ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users