STD, e-cards and paper invites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simplnsweet

• 323 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

Hi ladies,

I have a few questions. My man has many friends that pretty much are controlled by their blackberry. He thinks it is fine to just send them a STD via our wedding website and then just an e-card invitation. I know for my family (short of my mum, dad, and sis) live in Europe and are quite traditional and don't use the internet. Now how bad is it to send e-invites to these friends of his? I don' t think they would think twice about it and probably open it before opening an post invitation plus they would likely not appreciate the time and stress that goes into making the paper invitations.

How many of you are making your own vs. getting them through a website? If you are making them yourself, does anyone done them with silver as one of their colors? My colors will be silver, blue and white. I don't know how I could have silver on the invitation... I want it to look silver with shine and not look more like grey. Any help much appreciated.

#2 CristiandJamie

• 445 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:59 AM

That is hard to say... I would say send out the e-invites then send out the invitations to those that need them (not computer savy).
      Cristi & Jamie
      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#3 mlabbe

• 784 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

I would also do both kinds of invites. This will save you $ in stamps and paper, so why not! I think though that silver will only work on the printed ones - you could use gray for the e-vites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users