Photo

Paradisus Playa Conchal - Beach Wedding Progress

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

For a long time Paradisus Playa Conchal has been in a battle to clean up the beach from beach vendors (souvenirs, T shirts, etc.) without proper permits. Finally it has been done. This issue had an effect on beach weddings, Paradisus & vendors with proper permits had to set an example so these vendors could not point a finger and say "It is a public beach, if they are doing weddings and selling souvenirs why can't I, I have a permit" (false permit).
    To get to the root of the problem, the beach had to be clear of all events and vendors for a some time. Things are progressing in this matter. Just an FYI.

#2 tpalmer

tpalmer
    • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the update! Do you have any idea when there will be beach weddings again? I am looking into getting married in CR, maybe Paradisus Playa Conchal in Feb 2011 or July 2011.

I don't have anything booked yet and have been doing lots of research. My guests will be traveling from Canada so I would like to keep it simple for them if possible. Do you recommend going with the hotel WC or someone else?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
      Tanya

#3 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
      • 223 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

Tanya,

I am pretty sure they will have his resolved by the earlier part of this year (we will keep everyone posted). For a few months now they have been having the weddings down the road at Flamingo beach. They bring their whole set up (drink bar, chairs, decorations, etc). It is a beautiful beach (here's an example: candace & mike - paradisus playa conchal guanacaste, costa rica 2009).
        Good thing you are planning this far in advance. They do a good job in planning, just give them some time to respond. They handle very large volume and have a couple of wedding planners managing emails, executing events, etc. Check this forum, there are several brides which have gotten married at PConchal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users