Photo

Any July 2010 Varadero Brides??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 truelove4life

truelove4life
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

I am almost positive that my FI and I will be getting married at the Laguna Azul the beginning of July. I am wondering if there are any other Varadero brides getting married during that time that would like to possibly share a photographer?!?

#2 Barrierunner

Barrierunner
    • 166 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hi, I'm just waiting to confirm dates with Yahimara but we are getting married the beginning of July too. I'm still in the process of searching out a photographer but would be willing to split the costs etc.
      Let me know!

#3 jaredrey

jaredrey
      • 144 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

I am new to the DW world and just curious what it looks like when brides 'split the cost' of a wedding photographer? Is the wedding on the same day and the photographer shoots both weddings? Do ya'll line up a wedding a day after, like one on a Friday and one on a Saturday? Do ya'll have it to different weekends, one on Saturday and then the other 7 days later? I have just seen it mentioned a couple of times and since I am a photographer who hasn't shot a DW yet I didn't know what that would look like for me.

#4 truelove4life

truelove4life
        • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

I'm not quite sure how it works either but would be interested to hear from anyone who has done that or is planning on it. Barrierunner: We have been quoted for departure on July 4th. Is that about when you were going as well? Yahamira said she had something available on July 6th for a wedding at 4 but I'm not quite sure how long you have to be in Cuba before you can get married. 2 or 3 days??

#5 jaredrey

jaredrey
          • 144 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

I am interested in learning as well for the future. I mean coming from the stance of the photographer I wouldn't mind 2 brides going in together to cover travel. My only concern is making sure I give both brides the attention they deserve. I am the type of photographer that spends 8 or more hours with a bride so the weddings would have to be on different days. Just curious how that all works out.

Look forward to learning.

#6 Barrierunner

Barrierunner
            • 166 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hi, my date is set. We're getting married on July 7th at 4pm. Yes you have to be in Cuba for 3 working days (this doesn't include the weekends) before you get married. We are thinking of going for 10 days, so we would leave earlier then our guests and enjoy a few days alone before the chaos begins LOL.
              I have a friend in Toronto that is a photographer. He hasn't ventured into Destination Weddings as of yet, but I was thinking of asking him what he would charge if he is interested. Let me know if this interests you. He is doing my engagement photos next weekend, so I can find out more when I see him. :-)

#7 RonNMel

RonNMel
              • 388 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Congrats on setting an official date and time!!

I have been told (or read, don't remember where. I think it may have been the first TA I saw) that you have to be in Cuba 3 calendar days, meaning that week-ends would count. Don't know who to believe anymore...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users