Photo

Scottish Traditions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amberagd

amberagd
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

I thought I would start a thread on Scottish Wedding Traditions (maybe I missed one that had already been created, so if I did, sorry!)

My fiance is Scottish and we wanted to incorporate that heritage into our ceremony. So far we are doing the following. I would love to hear other ideas as well!

- Kilts- my fiance will be in his family tartan and the groomsmen in the colors of Scottland
    - Handfasting- we will probably do the handfasting ceremony within our ceremony. This is where they wrap the couples hands together with the family colors.
    - Luckenbooth Brooch- Traditionally, the groom gave this brooch to his bride on their wedding day. Then, when they had a child they wrapped the babys blanket and pinned it with the brooch to ward off evil spirits.
    - I also found these handkerchiefs with the Luckenbooth and had one embroidered for me and my fiance for the day of the wedding:
    Irish Celtic Luckenbooth Personalized Wedding by mollyandmom
    - we are using tartan fabric to sew our own ring pillow

Ok- I think that is it for now! I would love to hear other creative ideas!
    Amber
    Eugene, OR

#2 amberagd

amberagd
    • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Oh! I also think I will have a bagpiper meet us at the airport when we get home since we can't find one in the Dominican Republic!
      Amber
      Eugene, OR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users