I thought I would start a thread on Scottish Wedding Traditions (maybe I missed one that had already been created, so if I did, sorry!)
My fiance is Scottish and we wanted to incorporate that heritage into our ceremony. So far we are doing the following. I would love to hear other ideas as well!
- Kilts- my fiance will be in his family tartan and the groomsmen in the colors of Scottland
- Handfasting- we will probably do the handfasting ceremony within our ceremony. This is where they wrap the couples hands together with the family colors.
- Luckenbooth Brooch- Traditionally, the groom gave this brooch to his bride on their wedding day. Then, when they had a child they wrapped the babys blanket and pinned it with the brooch to ward off evil spirits.
- I also found these handkerchiefs with the Luckenbooth and had one embroidered for me and my fiance for the day of the wedding:
Irish Celtic Luckenbooth Personalized Wedding by mollyandmom
- we are using tartan fabric to sew our own ring pillow
Ok- I think that is it for now! I would love to hear other creative ideas!
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users