Jump to content

Notice: The site will be offline this Saturday evening (4/21/18) for a major software update. Thank you in advance for your patience while upgrade to a new-improved version of BDW.

One last time!

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avb1983

  • Newbie
  • 82 posts

    Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

    Okay I want to check and clarify one last time! I keep having nightmares that we come home and find our we actually didn't get married! So for you Sandals brides- all you have done is send in your required paperwork (ie notorized birth cert) and this is it?? Then we sign paperwork at the ceremony and its official?

    #2 GalaDezWed

    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

      I didnt even wait to use the "Official" license. I took the paper/temporary license that they give you that day to my county Registrar's office to get it put on the books. Here (in WV) and Im sure in other places, if you get married out of the country, it will be placed on the record once you show proof. Here, it is placed under the "other" category- which means that if I ever need to look it up for any reason, I just need to remember to have the clerk look in the "other" files to find our marriage, instead of the regular "marriage" files. After that, they put a sticker on the temp license to "certify" it, then I took it right over to the Social Security office and changed our names. My husband didnt even have to be with me to do it. He filled out and signed the paperwork (1 sheet) and I took his passport with me and they did both of ours (he took my last name as well, so we are both hyphenated now). I just recieved the "Official" marriage license in the mail yesterday - two copies. You will be fine. Just find out what your local county requires you to do to put it on the "books" in the states.

      0 user(s) are reading this topic

      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users