Photo

Paying for a group activity vs. hosting a welcome dinner???

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

We are hosting a rehearsal dinner for everyone at Puerta Vieja for $51 including tax and tip. We are organizing a scuba trip and fishing trip, but those are non-hosted. Our guests have no problem paying for the activities themselves. I honestly don't think (most reasonable) people expect you to pay for their entertainment just because they are coming to Cabo for your wedding. :)
    KM
    Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#22 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

We're planning an a day cruise the wednesday before our friday wedding. I wish we could afford to pay for our guests, but its way too much money and we have too many guests. The Mayan has a fire pit, maybe (depending on costs) we'll have a bonfire and cocktails the tuesday before as a welcome event.

Oh, by the way, adding to Maria's suggestions...

Loteria Click the image to open in full size.

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle08
      Is anyone doing this I don't know if a welcome dinner can fit in the budget...but I wanted to do something more for our guests besides the wedding.....
      michelle, i remember that you were thinking of staying at dreams...if this is the case, then you can have a welcome dinner cheaper than most activities..

if not, what about something like cocktails and appetizers...an dinner cruise is gonna end up being $35 and up per person, then you throw in the cost of transportation to get to the marina...if cost is a big concern this is not the most cost efficient way.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

I just had an idea for a group activity for us girls on a budget. Instead of a sunset cruise, what about inviting everyone to meetup on the beach about 30minutes before sunset?

I will be trying to work with the hotel provided entertainment as much as possible because I can not spend a lot of money on this wedding.

#25 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          michelle, i remember that you were thinking of staying at dreams...if this is the case, then you can have a welcome dinner cheaper than most activities..

if not, what about something like cocktails and appetizers...an dinner cruise is gonna end up being $35 and up per person, then you throw in the cost of transportation to get to the marina...if cost is a big concern this is not the most cost efficient way.
          You're right tammy...we are staying at dreams....Yessica quoted me $30 per person for a welcome dinner and $85 for a day pass for those who don't stay there....which is definately going to be cheaper because it's for food and alcohol but I thought I would keep my options open....

I didn't know how much that boat cost and now I know and you're right, it's not the best choice for us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users