Sign in to follow this  
purpleshells

Montreal brides

I know, the English language can be confusing at times. Hahaha

Exactly! It's really worth it though. It looks so much better than if we had DIY, which was what we were gonna do. Did you ever post a pic of your invitations/STDs here?

Just posted on your invites thread, I'm jealous! I would certainly have hated to plan a destination wedding with guests, but those special things like boarding pass, OOT bags, ... seems like they are so fun! Since they don't look bilingual, I guess you had 2 sets made, French & English? More work for the cousin. BTW, it was worth it to wait, it is very "pro" looking.

Did you have custom stamps made like in your siggie to sent those out?

Thank you! Yes, she made a French and an English version. For printing we fit 3 per page, 2 English and 1 French. And I agree, it was definitely worth the wait, they really do look so much better than anything I could have done myself.

As for the stamp, no. She asked for us to find a label printing sheet and she'd make the template for us to print, but we haven't found one. And custom postage would be too expensive. We'll keep this monogram for either our favors, or our welcome booklet.

My last big things are the rings, and they are coming along. Our guy does silver prototypes, to make sure we like the style, the fit, ... We've had them for 2 weeks now. Mine is pretty simple, the final product will have some very tiny diamonds in the band, and 2 special blue diamonds on each side of the bezel. The prototype does not show those. Also, I took the pics after we wore the rings for a week, so they are getting pretty scratched up:

Click the image to open in full size.

For my DBF, he did 2, a smaller one all polished, and a larger one with the bottom of the "waves" roughed up. Both very pretty, with a nice movement to them. It's very hard to capture the waves on the smaller one, but it's very pretty in real life. Since it fits my index, I wore it to work a few times and got a few nice comments:

Click the image to open in full size.

Since I had a good idea what I wanted, after a week I was ready to commit, so my real ring is almost done. He showed it to me on Thursday, he only has to put the centre stone in, it's so pretty. Since my DBF has decided what he prefers as well (the larger one, with some slight changes), he told us they should both be completed this Thursday, I can't wait! No, I can't wait to be able to wear them, how could I believe I didn't need a ring at all...

I posted pics of my real rings on the April brides:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ml#post1235316

I am in so in love with it. It is just a perfect size/fit for me, very practical in design with the bezel around the diamond so I won't be scared to catch the prongs on something, nice weight (got platinum). Can't wait to have it on "legally". (I'm cheating right now since I'm home alone...)

FH seems real happy about his as well, very comfy, quite unique design. He got in a 18k white gold+palladium alloy, no plating. It is more metal grey than white, but with this type of alloy it should stay the same colour over the years. He didn't want to have to mess with regular re-plating. Sure ended up more costly, but those rings are our big ticket item, everything else was pretty cheap!