Photo

Virus Cleanup Advice

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Infinity22

Infinity22
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

I was hoping some of you could help me figure out the following because I really have no idea myself.

You see, last Friday my work computer was hit by a virus, causing all the startup Services including Norton Anti-Virus to not on startup, thus not allowing the computer to function like it normally does. Normally these Services startup and load just fine, but I guess it's not uncommon for a Trojan Virus to knock out these Services and paralyze the computer to the point where you have no choice but to Restore it or wipe it clean. I guess my Norton Anti-Virus was able to Quarantine the virus but I'm wondering if another one might have gotten though. So I've elected to wipe the whole thing clean, but before doing so I was able to copy a bunch of my personal and work files to a Network Drive and this leads me to my question. How do I know if those files were corrupted by the virus or not? I managed to scan my computer after the virus was quarantined and the scan came up with zero threats found, but I don't want to assume all those files are fine and I don't need to worry about them. So should do you think it's same to copy those files back onto my hard drive after I've reinstalled all my programs, or what should I do? It's absolutely vital that I figure out what files are safe and what aren't. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users