Photo

Blue Parrot Weddings

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jennieestelle

jennieestelle
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:57 AM

Has anyone had their wedding on the beach at the Blue Parrot followed by the reception at Playasia. I am considering this location for my wedding and reception but would love to hear from anyone who has visited or had their wedding there. Thanks!

#2 poohshek

poohshek
    • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

We didn't eat at Playasia during our site visit in December 2008 but the restaurant itself looks pretty cool. Will an Asian Fusion menu work for your guests?

#3 jennieestelle

jennieestelle
      • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

I haven't found out what the menu is like for a reception at Playasia yet. My fiance and I love asain food especially sushi but our hoping to have a little bit of everything four our guests. We were hoping to have the reception by the beach at the VIP Terrace but because we will only have around 10-15 guests and then only rent out the VIP terrace for groups greater than 30.

#4 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

Blue Parrot was on my site visit list and we walked by it quite a few times. But we decided on a different venue before meeting with the wedding coordinator. She was very responsive to my emails and sent me pictures and information. Have you contacted her?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jennieestelle
          I haven't found out what the menu is like for a reception at Playasia yet. My fiance and I love asain food especially sushi but our hoping to have a little bit of everything four our guests. We were hoping to have the reception by the beach at the VIP Terrace but because we will only have around 10-15 guests and then only rent out the VIP terrace for groups greater than 30.

#5 jennieestelle

jennieestelle
          • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Yes, I have been emailing back and forth with Paula the WC. She seems very helpful so far so that is good :). Thanks for all the input so far girls!

#6 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Sure thing. I can take pictures of Blue Parrot and Playasia for you when we go down for our wedding in December. Have you set a date?

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennieestelle
              Yes, I have been emailing back and forth with Paula the WC. She seems very helpful so far so that is good :). Thanks for all the input so far girls!

#7 jennieestelle

jennieestelle
              • 30 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

We do not have a specific date set yet. We are hoping for sometime in Februay, but I guess it just depends on what location we choose and what they have available :).

#8 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

I just got some information from Paula for using blue parrot as an option right now. Do you know if a certain amount of people have to stay at the hotel or do you have to stay there at all?
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#9 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

Awesome!!! If we end up eating at Playasia in December, I will let you know about the food and service.
                    We do not have a specific date set yet. We are hoping for sometime in Februay, but I guess it just depends on what location we choose and what they have available :).

#10 jennieestelle

jennieestelle
                    • 30 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

I belive that you do not need to stay at the Blue Parrot if you are having your wedding there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users