• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cathyandchin
    Some days I feel like I've done a lot and other days I feel like I'm way behind. I'm registered at Macy's, JC Pennys, and Target.
    Where have you looked at dresses?

My new project is making a ceremony script.... ugh

Here's my facebook:
    Cathy Carreras | Facebook

it might be under Catherine... but I'm wearing a Mavs tshirt in the pic!

Megan,
    I typed your name but got a postdoc student at Curtin University...

Here is my facebook
    Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

I got my dress at Ocones it is close to down town fort worth area. I liked the place a lot. Now not so much. I had to pay 550.00 to get my dress altered I wait to long to get my dress. So I did not have time to order it. I had to get it tailored a ton. I pick it up tomorrow. But they have had the worst customer service after they got my money I did not matter.

Just make sure you go early to get your dress. I thought I would just go in and pick out something. But most dresses you have to specially order them. Even Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo.

I am doing the ceremony script right now. Not fun there is a thread on here that helped a lot. Have you found that?

Go Mavs hopefully we can turn around last nights game tomorrow.

#22 westxgrly

westxgrly
    • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yes I have definitely found the blog very helpfull. Are you both originally from DFW area?
      Here is my Facebook:
      Erika J Flores-Gutierrez | Facebook

I volunteered to do my friends invitations... but I still need to get mine done. She is getting married in July.
      There just isn't enough time in the day.

#23 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
      • 168 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hey DFW brides!! I'm an Arlington bride here! June 2011 not sure where yet. That's my big stress finding a resort. I have a question is there a BDW meet up planned? I would love to sit around and discuss wedding with you ladies!!!

Facebook: Christa Maguire

#24 westxgrly

westxgrly
        • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt
          Hey DFW brides!! I'm an Arlington bride here! June 2011 not sure where yet. That's my big stress finding a resort. I have a question is there a BDW meet up planned? I would love to sit around and discuss wedding with you ladies!!!

Hey Christa.. I think I found you on FB. Welcome to the forum. How is the planning coming along?

#25 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
          • 168 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

I'm just waiting to find a resort. I can't wait to get monograms and all the fun stuff going. How long did it take for y'all to find one affordable?

#26 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

I live in Keller too. Awesome!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Megan24
              Aubury where in dfw are you? I am close to the Keller area. Do you have a facebook? Mine is Megan Argo.

#27 westxgrly

westxgrly
              • 98 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
                I'm just waiting to find a resort. I can't wait to get monograms and all the fun stuff going. How long did it take for y'all to find one affordable?
                Well I have tried to get everything done on my own. (knock on wood) that I dont need to hire anyone for the invitations...
                I am bad about wanting all the fun toys to make all the cool stuff..
                For Christmas I bought a Youdu, so that I can make all the t-shirts. So when I send my RSVPs I am going to ask everyone to include their t-shirt size.

#28 poohshek

poohshek
                • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hi Christa, you can use this thread to gauge interest for a happy-hour. I went to one back in December 2008 in Grapevine. It started off with a bigger group but quite a few people dropped out last minute.

Quote:

#29 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
                  • 168 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

Is there anyone on here that's interested in a happy hour?

#30 kwaits

kwaits
                    • 98 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi ladies! I am a bride to be in the Keller area also. I am getting married Aug 9th (8-9-10) in Key West. I love this forum, it has been sooo helpful.

Megan24- I saw your comment about Ocones and couldn't help but laugh. That was one of the first store I went to and almost bought a dress from there. Fell in love with a Maggie Sottero from there, but the lady was kind of rude when I was trying it on. I saw it on the rack and wanted to see it on, but it was a size smaller than I would need so she wasn't going to let me try it on. I argued with her for almost 30min before she agreed to let me put it on. Looking back, Im glad I didn't get it from there. I almost think the dress wasn't a real Maggie b/c I couldn't find it anywhere else and even the Maggie people didn't recognize it. Anywho, ended up finding a dress I like for 1/2 the price somewhere else. Sorry about all the trouble they are making you go through :-(

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Megan24
                      Here is my facebook
                      Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

I got my dress at Ocones it is close to down town fort worth area. I liked the place a lot. Now not so much. I had to pay 550.00 to get my dress altered I wait to long to get my dress. So I did not have time to order it. I had to get it tailored a ton. I pick it up tomorrow. But they have had the worst customer service after they got my money I did not matter.

Just make sure you go early to get your dress. I thought I would just go in and pick out something. But most dresses you have to specially order them. Even Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo.

I am doing the ceremony script right now. Not fun there is a thread on here that helped a lot. Have you found that?

Go Mavs hopefully we can turn around last nights game tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users