Photo

I need suggestions for my destination:-)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TonjaE

TonjaE
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

I am thrilled to have found this forum! Nelson and I just got engaged on Saturday. We are hoping to get married next May or June before hurricane season, and I've always wanted a destination wedding.

My dream wedding would be to get married in an old rustic small chapel and have a reception at a resort or restaurant somewhere safe for rain (less stress) overlooking a gorgeous view of the ocean (not other resort visitors). I think my group will be around 40-50 and I'm hoping to do this on a budget of about 15K. The location has to be flight price friendly from Ft Lauderdale and DC (around $300 or less) and I am hoping to find options for less than $200/night for my guests if it isn't all inclusive. Can someone point me in the right direction? I will appreciate all types of suggestions, including those off the beaten path.

Thank you in advance. I know I'm going to love this community.

Tonja
    I am a June 2010 Paradisus Punta Cana Bride!!!

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

Congrats and Welcome! As a Jamaica bride, I can tell you there are many beautiful hotels available. There are several small hotels on the beach or cliffs in Negril where you could book the entire hotel for your guests. Then you wouldn't have to worry about other people. Also, flights are very affordable from Florida. I did tons of research on small JA hotels before I selected mine. PM me if you have any questions!

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#4 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
        • 660 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Congrats and welcome!!

#5 TonjaE

TonjaE
          • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Thank you! These are just the types of suggestions I need. I need pictures and specific information. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#6 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
            • Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums Tonja!! Best of luck finding the perfect place!!! I have some suggestions that fit but not in that price range. :-(
              Have fun with all your planning.
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
              http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

OMG -- that's so great that you just got engaged on Saturday! CONGRATS and aside from saying "yes!" to your fiance, you just made another fabulous decision to join BDW - You're gonna LOVE being a part of this amazing forum!!!

I am also a Jamaica Bride (getting married at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios, in beautiful Ocho Rios, Jamaica in May 2010), and we selected this resort because it is an all-inclusive that offers a WIDE variety of room levels for guests to choose from (so there is bound to be something available that fits everyone's chosen budget). Plus, there is a wedding gazebo on the property on the Manor side of the resort (there are 2 sides, Manor & Riviera) that I absolutely fell in love with, so that helped me make my decision as well!

If you are okay with the idea of not getting married on the sand, then this gazebo may be as appealing to you as it was to me! It's called the Roman Gazebo and this is a pic I found of another couple on the SANDALS website:

Click the image to open in full size.

My best advice as you start down the road to your wedding day would be just to take your time and do lots of research before you book or buy anything (resort, attire, flowers, you name it!) and make sure it's all that you've envisioned for your BIG DAY!

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome to BDW...it's a wedding-planning heaven!

#8 jessiee223

jessiee223
                • 128 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

Congrats and good luck with the planning. I am sure you can find some great deals out there right now.
                  Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

#9 ~Katie~

~Katie~
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

welcome Tonja....

the girls on this site are really helpful and I'm sure you'll have lots of ideas in no time (being in the UK, I'm a bit stuck to help you out on prices - sorry!)

congrats tho and happy planning!

#10 TonjaE

TonjaE
                    • 7 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate the support. So far I have three people saying Jamaica. I guess I have to check it out:-) Any experience with other areas? I have rain anxiety, so I have always imagined getting married under cover (so it doesn't have to be on the sand)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users