• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
    So my FI called the guy. We had a list of questions of every little detail, a time line, and everything in between. They talked it out, and than FI followed up with an email to confirm, and we should have no more surprises. He will be leaving the day of the wedding, so that eases things a bit for me. He said that his wife and him always do during weddings to give more privacy. As my FI was talking about certain things about the wedding to the guy did offer up extra things for us to use at no cost such as lights, sun umbrellas, chairs, etc. When my FI talked to him about things he wanted, like how long the reception would be, the guy had no problem with it. He also went into some "horror" stories with my FI about previous renters. Sort of makes me feel like I was being a bridezilla. lol But he defintely has some shadiness to him. I will say when you talk to him hes a schmoozes you, he did it to me!

My FI says he feels good with the guy, and I said as long as you do I trust you. I dont plan on dealing with the guy, Ill leave that to my FI.

This guy requires certified check for all payments, so I couldnt put a stop on payments or anything like that. And I noticed he has already updated his website with some small fine print. For now Im not saying anything, but after the wedding Im defintely going to give him suggestions on "running his business". The website he uses allows reviews so Ill probably mention something in there to.

Thanks for the posts, I appreciate it! Its very true that I fell in love with this place for a reason and in the end everything will be just right :)
    That's great to hear! See everything will be ok!! :)

#32 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
    • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

I just caught this thread and the girls all had great suggestions. I'm glad you got to the bottom of things and it sounds like everything is much better now! I hope you have a wonderful wedding!
      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#33 kitten422

kitten422
      • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

Is there any way you can get out of this? This is false advertising on his part....
        Can he lagally rent this house out? Maybe there's some agency you can threaten to report him to if he doesn't give you your money back.

I'd raise hole hell if I were you!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

#34 kitten422

kitten422
        • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Is there any way you can get out of this? This is false advertising on his part....
          Can he lagally rent this house out? Maybe there's some agency you can threaten to report him to if he doesn't give you your money back.

I'd raise hole hell if I were you!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

#35 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
          • 432 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

This is ridiculous, I cannot believe you are having to deal with this. I would make sure you find every location that he advertises on and I would trash him. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Is there nothing in US laws that protect you against this kinda thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users