Sign in to follow this  
Mialonghorn

Weather Nightmare

Do you have the option of going inside? I will wish for no rain for you! But either way make the best of whatever happens, its your day and in the end you will be married! :)

What about seeing if you can have plan-b arrangements? I know a lot of people suggested Marquees (tents), which may be beautiful, but couldn't you use your location's indoor party room--possibly one with tons of windows so it's less tacky--and that way, if you are rained out, at least you can celebrate with everyone for the reception inside where it can be toasty warm.

Also, rain on your wedding day is good luck. So, look at the positive, and enjoy. I am sure, rain or shine, it will be beautiful.

Try not to worry, and wedding planners worth their salt have a back-up plan for rain, even if it is a tarp or two. Think of the cool pictures - and stories - you will have. It beats getting married at your local Holiday Inn, right? wink.gif

my wedding week was nicknamed wedding roulette, I had lovely hurricane Bill coming... and I got married outside on the beach with no plan B in sight

he was off the cost for my wedding and it made my waves in the back ground awesome! and with a 60% chance of rain it cleared up about 2 hours before my wedding and did not rain until after clean up!

Weather is just not anything you can worry about its too unpredictable

and believe me rain or shine your wedding day will be beautiful and the best ever :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mialonghorn View Post
Help! I'm getting married on Tuesday, September 8th and there's currently 60% chance of rain. We're getting married on a private estate but it's still outside. We also have the bamboo canopy's for each of the dinner tables so there's no cover. Has anyone had to re-arrange at the last minute? I know that I can probably get a tent but that's not how I wanted it to look...Any ideas of what you've done is much appreciated!
Lots and lots of good luck for you tomorrow!!