Photo

Weather Nightmare

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mialonghorn

Mialonghorn
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

Help! I'm getting married on Tuesday, September 8th and there's currently 60% chance of rain. We're getting married on a private estate but it's still outside. We also have the bamboo canopy's for each of the dinner tables so there's no cover. Has anyone had to re-arrange at the last minute? I know that I can probably get a tent but that's not how I wanted it to look...Any ideas of what you've done is much appreciated!

#2 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

We were married in the rain! You just have to go with it. They set up a tent over our guests and we stood under a gazebo. We all got wet, it wasn't ideal, but we had our special day and left married.

#3 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

depending on which side of the island you're getting married on, it can typically rain every day. It rained during our luau the night we were married, but we justlaughed & enjoyed it.

#4 Islandbride2b

Islandbride2b
        • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:31 AM

i know it sucks and you prob, dont like hearing all the girls say, just go with it, but thats really all you can do... unless you want to set up tents?!! Good luck, maybe you are worried about too much, maybe it wont rain after all!!! I wish the best for you. Congrats on your wedding day!

#5 Huey

Huey
          • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

I hear that of all the Islands, the western most ones (Kauai) are suppose to be the rainiest (hence so LUSH!!). On Maui, the dryiest area is in Wailea/Kihei in the southwest. I don't think your guests will mind a sprinkle here or there, but you could always book a backup tent (a few hundred dollars). If you don't like the look of the ones that are covered, they do have the transparent ones....

But honestly, I am wondering the same thing, so if anyone else has good suggestions....

#6 jam8x2

jam8x2
            • 82 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

I would go with a back up plan of a tent if possible and I'm dealing with the possibility of that too. Everyone I have talked to says make sure you have a back up plan. Everyone will have a great time no matter the weather. Also, 60% means there is almost half of a chance that it WILL NOT RAIN!! Keep that in mind and try not to stress.

#7 Huey

Huey
              • 74 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

Just another quick thought. You mentioned bamboo canopies...do you mean those very simple arches? Why don't you get your WC to drape them in a slightly more durable fabric, but making sure the top is covered? Then you can have your bamboo canopies for dinner and fend off any short showers too...

#8 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

try and relax theres plenty of time for the weather to change its mind.im sure the owners of the estate could arrange something for you if needed?

#9 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                  • 929 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

I agree, the weather forecast can change within the next week & it could be sunny. I do know that most days in Hawaii, you should expect a rain shower. Of course, the whole time we were there is didn't rain, with the exception of the wedding day (we stayed dry during the ceremony, but got sprinkled on during the luau.) Don't stress just yet, give it a few more days, then recheck the forecast. I'm sending good weather vibes your way!!!

#10 Huey

Huey
                    • 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

I just looked it up...20% chance of rain! It might just be a different forecaster...but there is hope!! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users