Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#21 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
  • Jr. Member
  • 174 posts

    Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cb280182
    Oh now I am getting worried, we booked our wedding through a little independant travel agent in April (2 days before the swine flu breakout, you can imagine all the comments we got when we told people where we were going!) I have virgins contact details so I going to give them a quick email today and maybe pop into the travel agents saturday. Has anyone decided which gazebo you would like? Think we are going for the Immaculate conception ( H2B is catholic) but no ideas evening events as yet. Thanks for your help
    So you didn't book the wedding through Virgin? Do you mind me asking what you paid for your wedding package?

    We are getting married in the Nizuc gazebo, H2B is reliogious but understands how I feel so we are going down the civil ceremony route :)

    #22 angelalanahung

    angelalanahung
    • Jr. Member
    • 174 posts

      Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy
      I looked at the collections and I LOVE the sapphire collection! how can seashells be tacky if you are getting married on a beach? lol! that is the whole purpose of getting married at MP- ocean, beach, tropics... then the seashells fit right in with the theme, and you don't even have to pay extra!

      My FI likes the amber but I think that I am going to pull a bridezilla and overrule him b/c my bridesmaid dresses are going to be a similar shade of blue. The amber is nice but the shells are making me lean towards the sapphire. I have attached the file with the pictures of each collection, compliments of Rachel :-) does anyone have pictures of the bouquets for each collection?

      They just remind me of Shell World in Kissimmee. I remember going in there once and seeing everything made out of shells. Put me off shells for life, it was awful!

      #23 cb280182

      cb280182
      • Newbie
      • 107 posts

        Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:28 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by angelalanahung
        So you didn't book the wedding through Virgin? Do you mind me asking what you paid for your wedding package?

        We are getting married in the Nizuc gazebo, H2B is reliogious but understands how I feel so we are going down the civil ceremony route :)
        We booked through an independent but with Virgin holidays. We figured that if we just went to a first choice/ thompson we would ony get their deals but the indepedent stocks all hols and has no loyality to a particular company (plus we wanted to help a small business - they have given us great deals in the past). In the end we had to go with virgin as we wanted to fly onto Orlando for our honeymoon and 99% of the other companies didnt offer twin centres. The lady phoned up the virgin holiday line and booked us that way. I didnt pay anything as we ok-ed the free package to start with ( i know virgin offer their own upgrade but didnt want to take it straight away as i wanted to check what the hotel offered before we signed up to anything - might get a better deal booking direct with the hotel) I just realised that if we are having the catholic chapel I prob wont be able to have the decorations from the sapphire/diamond collection!!!! bummer!

        #24 angelalanahung

        angelalanahung
        • Jr. Member
        • 174 posts

          Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cb280182
          We booked through an independent but with Virgin holidays. We figured that if we just went to a first choice/ thompson we would ony get their deals but the indepedent stocks all hols and has no loyality to a particular company (plus we wanted to help a small business - they have given us great deals in the past). In the end we had to go with virgin as we wanted to fly onto Orlando for our honeymoon and 99% of the other companies didnt offer twin centres. The lady phoned up the virgin holiday line and booked us that way. I didnt pay anything as we ok-ed the free package to start with ( i know virgin offer their own upgrade but didnt want to take it straight away as i wanted to check what the hotel offered before we signed up to anything - might get a better deal booking direct with the hotel) I just realised that if we are having the catholic chapel I prob wont be able to have the decorations from the sapphire/diamond collection!!!! bummer!
          Oh I see. So why won't you be able to have the decor you want if you get married in the catholic chapel?

          #25 cb280182

          cb280182
          • Newbie
          • 107 posts

            Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by angelalanahung
            All sent! :)
            Lovely thank you! I see the sea shells now... I think they are ok, seen as thou I will be looking towards my H2b at the time I doubt Ill even notice them!!

            #26 cb280182

            cb280182
            • Newbie
            • 107 posts

              Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:27 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by angelalanahung
              Oh I see. So why won't you be able to have the decor you want if you get married in the catholic chapel?
              Looking at the pictures the settings are all based in the gazebos with the white chairs, the chapel set up just has funny white things attached to the end of the wooden pew rows... will it be wide enough to have the decorations also? I hope so. I have emailed Virgin but they have send a standard reply asking me to call. God knows how that will go as I have not been given any reference codes etc... will call in my lunch break me thinks. Anyone have any ideas on evening receptions? I have heard you can book a a'la carte or on the terrace for an extra fee. I am leaning towards having the steak grill. x

              #27 angelalanahung

              angelalanahung
              • Jr. Member
              • 174 posts

                Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:28 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cb280182
                Looking at the pictures the settings are all based in the gazebos with the white chairs, the chapel set up just has funny white things attached to the end of the wooden pew rows... will it be wide enough to have the decorations also? I hope so. I have emailed Virgin but they have send a standard reply asking me to call. God knows how that will go as I have not been given any reference codes etc... will call in my lunch break me thinks. Anyone have any ideas on evening receptions? I have heard you can book a a'la carte or on the terrace for an extra fee. I am leaning towards having the steak grill. x
                Hmmm I'm not really sure tbh. Virgin will get back to you, it will take them a couple of days though.

                I don't know what we are doing for our reception yet. The ceremony is at 1pm, that should only take 20 minutes. Then it's photo time. And then I would think at 2.30pm we will go for our meal at one of the restaurants. After that I have no idea what we are going to do so if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. We are not going to have any kind of function outside as it will be far too hot and I know others have struggled with this, so it's air con all the way for us! :)

                #28 cb280182

                cb280182
                • Newbie
                • 107 posts

                  Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

                  Just had an email back from Virgin seems they sent all the information to our travel agents on 24th July but they have not forwarded on... grr!! Luckly they were able to attach a copy of the letter with forms to fill in etc.
                  I have seen on the 2008/2009 page some people had little appetizers etc between ceremony / photos and the meal with a mexican band playing in the background, not sure if there is a area in the lobby bar where they can provide this?? section it off for you? From the website the lobby looks very posh and I'm pretty sure it has air con? Maybe someone else on here can confirm?
                  If we can get air con that would be good but i'm not super fussed as most of my family are coldies (live in jumpers and have the central heating on all year round making their houses feel tropical!) Hopefully there will be a bit of a breeze to keep us cooler plus we are having ours later wont be as hot i hope :)

                  #29 angelalanahung

                  angelalanahung
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 174 posts

                    Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

                    Quick question.... does anyone think the Diamond collection looks more grey than silver?

                    #30 FutureMsMoulton

                    FutureMsMoulton
                    • Member
                    • 762 posts

                      Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

                      Hi Everyone-
                      I am getting Married on Feb 27, 2010 at the moon and I am doing the beach wedding not the gazebo. I have attended another wedding there before and I can give some input into what to expect.

                      **Our wedding drama so far**
                      1) One of my bridesmaids is due to give birth the week of my wedding (She's out) on of the groomsmen's wife is also due the same week...hes now out.

                      2) 20 of my fiance's family members booked off resort and are mad that they won't be able to come to the wedding due to the 20% rule.

                      3) We booked our travel arrangements through my mom's RCI and they threatened not to give us the complimentary ceremony and refuse to honor the cocktail hour or reception (its fine cause its all inclusive anyways we want to bar hop around the resort)

                      4) Claudia is terrible to get back to me so I had to get a travel agent just to get some answers (I highly recommend getting a travel agent who can help your family and friends book their flights and fight your battles for you!!)

                      I hope your planning is going smoother than mine is!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users