Sign in to follow this  
marny61

Mariachi Band - Riveria Maya

We are having my daughters wedding at a private villa and am hoping for some recommendations for a great mariachi band? We were thinking about having them play during the cocktail hour - what are your thoughts?

I didn't end up using this company, but they were very nice and responded quickly to e-mails (plus, I think I've read good things from brides on here...)

They're essentially wedding planners, but you can pay to have them JUST set up a mariachi band for you...

Weddings in Playa del Carmen - Destination Wedding Planner, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya - ajuaweddings.com

Good luck!

i really wish i had a mariachi band to play immediately after the ceremony. it's my only wedding regret.

what about contacting some local restaurants & seeing if they can get you in contact with some musicians?

BTW, if you're open to having a band that's NOT a mariachi band, we had a GREAT one play for us during our ceremony and our cocktail reception.

Sol Tamargo (of Del Sol photography) used them for her wedding too!

I'm not sure if they have a name, but it's a husband and wife plus I think two more members... The wife is named Jill Kirkland and she I think is American (so speaks English) and is easy to communicate with. I spoke to her once on cell but mostly communicated via e-mail.

They can play pretty much anything, but they're NOT acoustic (i.e. they have amps etc to plug in).

Honestly -- they were the HIT of our cocktail hour!:-)

I think we paid $500 for two sets (45 mins each) plus a travel fee. (maybe $50?)

She can be reached at:

mexijill@hotmail.com

If you DO want to contact her and have trouble reaching her through that e-mail, let me know...I'll dig up her cell number for you! :-)

Whoo-hoo! Just found it:

home: (984) 803-0308

cell is (984) 119-3622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simistar View Post
I didn't end up using this company, but they were very nice and responded quickly to e-mails (plus, I think I've read good things from brides on here...)

They're essentially wedding planners, but you can pay to have them JUST set up a mariachi band for you...

Weddings in Playa del Carmen - Destination Wedding Planner, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya - ajuaweddings.com

Good luck!
Found one of the reviews on here of Ajua weddings!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t43510

(can you tell it's slow for me at work today? lol:-))

Thanks so much for all these idea's we will start making some contacts! The villa is Villa Sol y Luna (check out their website, they have some beautiful wedding pictures). The villa is located in playa del secreto.

We have friends who live in Playa who actually got us a mariachi band for our welcome dinner/fiesta, which was held at the villa we were staying at in Akumal.

They were an awesome, all-female band!!! I have no clue how much they were as our friends paid for it as a gift, but I can certainly find out if you're interested. Everyone raved about how good they were and we ended up keeping them for about 2 hours because they were so so good and kept our entire group of 65+ dancing wink.gif