Photo

September in Turcks & Caicos?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

How risky is it to plan a destination wedding in T&C (beaches resort) for September? I'd be flying in from Boston--I'm nervous about getting stranded at an airport or at the resort. Anyone have any insight?

Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.

#2 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Im getting married at Beaches Turks and Caicos in January. Why do you think you would be stranded at the airport or resort? They have services to and from the airport. I have never heard of anyone having problems.

#3 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
      • 186 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Ha! I just realized I didn't say "since its hurricane season." I'm a little nervous about the weather that time of the year in the Carribbean. You are also getting married at BEACHES, right? That is where I am looking.

#4 ms.nadia

ms.nadia
        • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

I went to Ocho Rios in late September one year and it was absolutely fine. It rained a little every day but it was nice because it wasn't oppressively hot like the Caribbean can be sometimes. I would be surprised if you had any troubles. Good luck!

#5 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

Oh ahahahaha! Im like why would you get stranded... too funny!!! I think it may be a little risky but you will prob be fine. Are you getting married this september??

#6 Trimalusta

Trimalusta
            • 186 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

Thanks! We are looking at 2011. I know its far away, but we want all our families to have ample time to save up for the trip and we want to save to buy a house as well. I'm still not 100% set on T&C, but it is at the top of my list!

#7 soon2bMrs.S

soon2bMrs.S
              • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the site but looks like everyone here is extremely helpful. I'm also looking into the beaches resort in turks or jamaica (since i'll have children attending). I still feel so lost in all the planning just literally started looking yesterday. I've already been engaged a year but we wanted to buy our house 1st and now that we have i'm ready to plan the wed!! (yay) but now the stress begins - We want an October 2010 wedding and completely forgot about hurricane season so i dont know what to do! any one been to a beaches wedding? (still trying to make my decision)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users