Photo

***Iberostar Laguna Azul Brides***

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#41 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Paulsgirl for the wedding info! We have our date and time set, but haven't decided on a location for dinner yet.

Can't wait to see your pics and hear all about your trip Phil and khanh :-) Congrats and happy planning!!!

#42 VaraderoBride

VaraderoBride
    • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hello! I'm new here so just getting acquainted withe the site!

Wedding Date: March 17. 2010

*** I'm looking for a photographer!!! It's quite expensive to fly a photographer there and pay for the entire package! One of my ideas is that if anyone else is getting married in Varadero that week... we could split the travel cost!

Also, great to have info on the "private reception" because Yahimara did not send me that info!

Thanks!

#43 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
      • 450 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hey Varadero Bride,

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You will find so many amazing ideas on here, and everyone is super helpful. Happy planning!!

As for your photographer...what most brides do is change their 'siggy' to add something like "looking to share a photographer in (blank) for the week of (blank). Mgs me if interested" To change your siggy, you just go to the upper left toolbar and hit USER CP. Than you just click edit your signature on the left panel and write whatever you want, that way whenever you write a comment it will show up for everyone to see.

Here is what Yahimara sent me regarding the private reception

If you want a private dinner reception we have three different a la carte restaurants with different menus:

Steak House Restaurant “Monserrate”

Healthy Meals Restaurant “Basora”

Cuban Restaurant “ La Insular”

Times tables:

From 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (with extra charge 15.00 CUC/pax)

From 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm (free of charge)

The lobster offer is available in all the restaurants.

If you want a private party after dinner for dancing you can reserve the disco/aqua bar or

meeting room from 9.00 pm to 11.00 pm. For that you should pay 150.00 CUC for the location

and 8.00 CUC/Pax for the opened bar.

She also said it is $18 per person for the lobster dinner.
        Hope that helps!!

#44 VaraderoBride

VaraderoBride
        • 19 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:11 AM

Thank you very much!

Let's see if this works!

#45 truelove4life

truelove4life
          • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

My fiance and I are also considering the ILA. It looks so luxurious!! Any recent info on this resort?? Any news on how it is coming along?? Has anyone been there yet

#46 Salamander

Salamander
            • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

Did the wedding coordinator at ILA mention up to how many weddings will happen in one day? I understand obviously by how many brides on here are posting there will be several a week, the only thing I worry about is an assembly line of weddings happening in one day.

#47 VaraderoBride

VaraderoBride
              • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:55 AM

I believe the civil servant (or whatever you would call the officiant) works across a few resorts... At least that's what the wedding coordinator made it sound like. When I booked my date, she said "I just need to make sure he is still available for this time." I believe there is a possibility of 3 per day: 11am, 2pm or 4pm. Chances of 3 weddings per day during March break are much higher than during off-peak season.

#48 chevy14

chevy14
                • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by truelove4life
                  My fiance and I are also considering the ILA. It looks so luxurious!! Any recent info on this resort?? Any news on how it is coming along?? Has anyone been there yet
                  The resort was officially opened on Sept.14 and the reviews have been awesome! There is plenty of photos and info now on Trip Advisor - just search Iberostar Laguna Azul and the reviews and photos will pop up. You can also go to Diaporamas - Voyagesarabais.com for some great pictures.

#49 nwabien

nwabien
                  • 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

I am leaning towards having my wedding at this resort. I am really grateful for all those in this forum who had lots of information as it gives me a place to start my research!
                    Looking to share a photographer week of February 14, 2010 in Varaero, Cuba. Send me a PM of interested

#50 VaraderoBride

VaraderoBride
                    • 19 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

My friend just got back from a week stay at this resort...she said is was "nothing short of amazing!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users