Photo

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Brides??

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#451 linds0128

linds0128
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

@MJKH We're bringing one of our friends to do the photography and paying for them as a guest so we were told we wouldn't have to pay that 300... I think it only applies if you bring someone to the resort that is not staying there Also someone was asking a couple pages back about a catamaran/tour... I'm trying to find one as well and have just been emailing the companies I find from google, it depends on what size your group is, a lot of places have boats for 50 but finding bigger boats has been challenging. Pamela from the resort gave me an email for a company but they have not responded to any emails. I can message you some of the companies that have responded if you want Is anyone doing a candy buffet????

#452 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

I hope that will be the case (will keep my fingers crossed that there isn't some kind of loophole that says the "guest" photographer must stay for 7 or more days or something like that!).

I would totally consider doing a candy buffet, BUT am worried that chocolate will melt/get sticky and other items will go soggy in the humidity.  I've wondered about the (expensive but a nice treat) personalized pre-packaged wedding m&ms...but our plan is to go to Costco in PDC or this store in Tulum Pueblo that we went to in January that carried a whole bunch of bulk candy, chocolate coins, pinata candy, etc...stuff that people wouldn't have ever tried...and put it out in baskets about 1/2 way thru the dance.

#453 MissAnnette

MissAnnette
      • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Is anyone out there going to be at the Grand Sirenis Feb 8, 2012? 

#454 MJKH

MJKH
        • Site Supporter
        • 654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yes...ME!!!  

Originally Posted by MissAnnette 

Is anyone out there going to be at the Grand Sirenis Feb 8, 2012? 

#455 MissAnnette

MissAnnette
          • 30 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Ladies, I need some help...

I got some interesting news today. I emailed the wc about a few questions and confirmations for our Feb 2012 wedding. I got an email today indicating that I do NOT have the palapa booked as I had requested and confirmed in May 2012 . She said that they booked "another beach location" for our group. Does anyone know about this other beach location

#456 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Which package do you have booked?  I have the platinum and the palapa is included.  As for the other location, I think there are 2 ceremony spots, one is by the palapa and is more private, while the other one is located closer to the main beach.  Don't take my word for it though this just what I have pieced together from other reviews and posts.

Originally Posted by MissAnnette 

Ladies, I need some help...

I got some interesting news today. I emailed the wc about a few questions and confirmations for our Feb 2012 wedding. I got an email today indicating that I do NOT have the palapa booked as I had requested and confirmed in May 2012 . She said that they booked "another beach location" for our group. Does anyone know about this other beach location

#457 MJKH

MJKH
              • Site Supporter
              • 654 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

The only other beach location where they hold weddings that I know about is on the main beach in front of the ruin.  I've seen pictures of the site roped off for a wedding...it's pretty much the main beach-side sunbathing area.  I'll see if I can find a pic for you...

#458 denita

denita
                • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

I just came back and had my wedding on the beach.  It is very private.  People can watch from the water but the wedding coordinators are very strict about not letting anyone on the beach.  There is a path you actually have to walk down to get on it.  We were very happy with the location.

Also I hired an outside photographer and did not have to pay the $300.00 not sure why but it never even came up in conversation and I didn't ask.  I will post a review in a couple days, just got back Sunday and am getting into the swing of things.

Attached Files

#459 MJKH

MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Oh, I can't wait to hear all about it! : )

Originally Posted by denita 

I just came back and had my wedding on the beach.  It is very private.  People can watch from the water but the wedding coordinators are very strict about not letting anyone on the beach.  There is a path you actually have to walk down to get on it.  We were very happy with the location.

Also I hired an outside photographer and did not have to pay the $300.00 not sure why but it never even came up in conversation and I didn't ask.  I will post a review in a couple days, just got back Sunday and am getting into the swing of things.

#460 MJKH

MJKH
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 654 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

And I'm glad to hear there is another option for a beach ceremony...the only ones I knew about were in the general vicinity of the palapa and then right on the main beach in front of that mayan ruin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users