Photo

Black shirt for the groom?...Be honest

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

Jess, I love those! I wonder if those would stay on a silk shirt.....? Maybe if I did a really small one...?
    I'll think about it, because I do love her work!

yeah! options are always nice.
    ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
    My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#32 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Send Jurine a pic of his shirt - she is pretty helpful I'm sure she will let you know if it would look good or not

#33 roo66

roo66
      • 1,001 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

imx wondering if you kept the buttonaire really really lite a leaf,feather maybe and pinned it twice top and bottom.I like the black and you guys know if he can stand the heat,good luck

#34 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
        • 612 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

I sent Jurine a message. I told her everything I was looking for, so we will see what she comes up with! I told her you referred me too.
          ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
          My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#35 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hey there!

Sorry I'm a little late on this but I thought I'd pop in and explain why DH chose a black shirt for our wedding rather than white (which he initially planned on wearing). He WAS going to wear a white shirt for the wedding but decided it was too see-through (which made him uncomfortable) so he switched to the black one, well he asked me first but I told him to do what he felt most comfortable with. In the end, I am happy he went with black...he stood out in the pictures (his one brother wore white and his other brother had a patterned shirt) AND white didn't match my dress anyway, so may as well have gone with black. My dress color was called "pearl" so it definitely wasn't a traditionally white gown.

As far as bouts go, DH was dead against wearing one altogether, so I conceded and let him win that one haha I think he looked fine without it though, so again it is a matter of personal choice/preference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users