Photo

Mad Lib RSVP

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

So, thanks to Heidi I've decided to do the Mad Lib RSVPs (SUCH a great idea... thank you so much!)

Here's what I have so far. Maybe it's been a long day or something, but when I read the last part I always think someone is going to write something dirty.

So here's what I need you guys to do:

1) Fill this in as if you were actually sending in the RSVP. I'd like to see how everyone's responses come back.

2) ADVICE!!! I wouldn't mind adding more/editing. I had a part in there where they told a mini story about a memory because seriously... how fun would that be to get an RSVP like that (IF they send it back!! although I'm hoping that the fun twist on the RSVP would encourage them to send it faster!)

If you have any ideas how I can add to this in a super fun way... suggest it!! But first, fill it in - I really, really want to see how people fill them in and interpret them.

Thanks guys - and thanks Heidi, this is the best idea ever, I'm so pumped about it!

Here's my RSVP

RSVP
    (Mad Libs Style!)

Please RSVP by September 1, 2007
    We're saving 2 seats for you!

___________________! [exclamation]

__________________________________________________ ___________
    [guest’s names]

___________ [will/will not] attend the wedding and will most likely

__________ [verb] _______________ [adverb] on Friday May 9th, 2008.

Don't forget to _______________________________________________ [advice]

before you ____________________ [verb] and ____________________________[advice]

after the ______________________________________ [noun]

An ADJECTIVE describes something or somebody. Lumpy, soft, ugly, messy, and short are adjectives.
    An ADVERB tells how something is done. It modifies a verb and usually ends in "ly". Modestly, stupidly, greedily, and carefully are adverbs.
    A NOUN is the name of a person, place or thing. Sidewalk, umbrella, bridle, bathtub, and nose are nouns.
    A VERB is an action word. Run, pitch, jump, and swim are verbs.

Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#2 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:20 PM

I'm going to be honest Courtney, it sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know if it will just confuse people. I am curious to see some samples also. I will do one later for you, right now I am wiped. What I could see happening is what I just did, People too tired/busy to think of anything clever so will do it later, but then they forget about it and later never comes. I personally think with RSVP's the simpler the better to have any shot at getting them back. Now thats just my humble opinion, and I question if I really know anything anyway! LOL

Kelly~

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

Thanks, Kelly, for the feedback. I want you to be completely honest... that's why I asked!!!

My feeling on this is that most people don't RSVP to begin with... so my hopes are that people might feel a little more encouraged to RSVP back if they can have some fun with it. But, that did cross my mind that people wouldn't feel like they had the energy right then... hopefully if its creative enough, they might remember it later... fingers crossed!!! lol

But... that's the reason I asked, I want to see how people react to them.

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

Courtney, I don't know that if you can't get people to check a box, that you will be able to get them do this, but hey its worth a shot!
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 dragonfly

dragonfly
        • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hey Courtney, this is a sad, sad way for us to spend a Saturday night!! LOL

Kelly~

#6 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

lol I know, Kelly... SO FILL IN THE FLIPPIN' RSVP!!! (hehe, that's me practising getting people to fill them in in real life... how'd that go?)

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

Will I actually be invite to the wedding?? If I am going to do the work, I want the reward!!!

Kelly~

#8 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=Nini_Bride;85266]So, thanks to Heidi I've decided to do the Mad Lib RSVPs (SUCH a great idea... thank you so much!)

Here's what I have so far. Maybe it's been a long day or something, but when I read the last part I always think someone is going to write something dirty.

1) Fill this in as if you were actually sending in the RSVP. I'd like to see how everyone's responses come back.

2) ADVICE!!! I wouldn't mind adding more/editing. I had a part in there where they told a mini story about a memory because seriously... how fun would that be to get an RSVP like that (IF they send it back!! although I'm hoping that the fun twist on the RSVP would encourage them to send it faster!)

If you have any ideas how I can add to this in a super fun way... suggest it!! But first, fill it in - I really, really want to see how people fill them in and interpret them.

Thanks guys - and thanks Heidi, this is the best idea ever, I'm so pumped about it!

Here's my RSVP

RSVP
                (Mad Libs Style!)

WTF! [exclamation]

Ms not so smarty pants and her hot stud muffin
                [guest’s names]

Will, maybe [will/will not] attend the wedding and will most likely
                fart [verb] continuesly [adverb] on Friday May 9th, 2008.

Don't forget to F%#$ like[advice]

before you sing [verb] and dance your night away [advice]

after the mud baths. [noun]
                So wheres my invite!!!
                Kelly~

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

well, I think this is a great idea (that I just found online, I'm not creative enough to make this one up!!!) and I'll definitely be doing this as well. We have some fun characters who are invited, so I think at least some of them will participate. Plus, it'll be a fun thing to include in our wedding scrapbook I'm going to make!

OK, here's what my response would maybe look like...

RSVP
                  (Mad Libs Style!)

CRIKEY! [exclamation]

Heidi & Reggie [guest’s names] will absolutely [will/will not] attend the wedding and will most likely sing [verb] horribly [adverb] on Friday May 9th, 2008.

Don't forget to brush your teeth twice a day [advice] before you kiss your hubby [verb] and enjoy every moment [advice] after the sunset [noun]

so, I guess we'll see you for the wedding in May!!!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=dragonfly;85282]
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                    So, thanks to Heidi I've decided to do the Mad Lib RSVPs (SUCH a great idea... thank you so much!)

Here's my RSVP

RSVP
                    (Mad Libs Style!)

WTF! [exclamation]

Ms not so smarty pants and her hot stud muffin
                    [guest’s names]

Will, maybe [will/will not] attend the wedding and will most likely
                    fart [verb] continuesly [adverb] on Friday May 9th, 2008.

Don't forget to F%#$ like[advice]

before you sing [verb] and dance your night away [advice]

after the mud baths. [noun]
                    So wheres my invite!!!
                    Kelly~
                    HAHAHA!!! Kelly - that's hilarious!!!!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users