Sign in to follow this  
burkadaniels

Receptions at PPC

Currently I am booked to hold my reception on the Convention Terrance (for 35 people). I liked it cause I wanted to cover the chairs and I want a plated dinner. For those who are have been there, please comment. Do you know where that it? What is it close to? If I have a dj will it be alright...

Lisa

Lisa - The Conventions Terrace is at the front of the resort. It is as far away from the beach and everything else as it can be. It is only close to the Lobby Bar, which is awesome and so much fun we went there every night. But the Conventions Terrace will NOT give you a "beachy" feel for your reception if that is what you are looking for. It will be more of a "garden" type atmosphere.

If you want it to seem beachy, I would look at one of the restaurants, or an actual beach reception, which we had and loved.

The Terrace is beautiful, so it may be exactly what you are looking for, but like I said it is as far away from the beach as you can get - literally a tram ride away....

Hey thanks everyone!

Tami when you said it was at the front of the resort, we are looking to have a dj there for a couple hours for our first dance and such, will it be too loud with the lobby bar just there?

No, you would be fine. It is far enough away, and the Lobby Bar entertainment (music) doesn't start til later in the evening.

its gorgeous for a reception. We went on a site visit about a month ago and im pretty much sold about having my reception there (initially I wanted a beach reception). It will be perfect and intimate for your guests. Great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkadaniels View Post
Currently I am booked to hold my reception on the Convention Terrance (for 35 people). I liked it cause I wanted to cover the chairs and I want a plated dinner. For those who are have been there, please comment. Do you know where that it? What is it close to? If I have a dj will it be alright...

Lisa