Photo

Receptions at PPC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

Currently I am booked to hold my reception on the Convention Terrance (for 35 people). I liked it cause I wanted to cover the chairs and I want a plated dinner. For those who are have been there, please comment. Do you know where that it? What is it close to? If I have a dj will it be alright...
    Lisa

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

Lisa - The Conventions Terrace is at the front of the resort. It is as far away from the beach and everything else as it can be. It is only close to the Lobby Bar, which is awesome and so much fun we went there every night. But the Conventions Terrace will NOT give you a "beachy" feel for your reception if that is what you are looking for. It will be more of a "garden" type atmosphere.

If you want it to seem beachy, I would look at one of the restaurants, or an actual beach reception, which we had and loved.

The Terrace is beautiful, so it may be exactly what you are looking for, but like I said it is as far away from the beach as you can get - literally a tram ride away....

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

I posted a link in the main ppc thread,but here it is anyways. Just so you can get an idea about what the resort is all about.

http://www.facebook.com/v/93982027376

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

Dmitri - GREAT video! Makes me want to be back there NOW! Thanks for posting again.

#5 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
          • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hey thanks everyone!
            Tami when you said it was at the front of the resort, we are looking to have a dj there for a couple hours for our first dance and such, will it be too loud with the lobby bar just there?

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

No, you would be fine. It is far enough away, and the Lobby Bar entertainment (music) doesn't start til later in the evening.

#7 girlkin

girlkin
              • 120 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

its gorgeous for a reception. We went on a site visit about a month ago and im pretty much sold about having my reception there (initially I wanted a beach reception). It will be perfect and intimate for your guests. Great choice!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by burkadaniels
                Currently I am booked to hold my reception on the Convention Terrance (for 35 people). I liked it cause I wanted to cover the chairs and I want a plated dinner. For those who are have been there, please comment. Do you know where that it? What is it close to? If I have a dj will it be alright...
                Lisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users