Photo

NYC/NJ Make-Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

I'm getting married in port in NY, and we have to be there by 10:30 a.m. My aunt is going to do my hair very early that morning, but I need to find someone to do my makeup. I rarely even wear mascara, so I can't do my own and would really like a professional to do it. I have a year, but I'm wondering if anyone knew of make-up artists who would be able to come to my house in Jersey or to the port in NY to do my make-up before we board the ship.

Thanks!

#2 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I have to recommend my makeup artist! She was amazing! We actually flew her down to Mexico with us for the wedding after she did a session for us at the Laura Mercier counter at Nordstrom. She's in Queens. Love her to pieces!

I don't know if she'd want me posting her name and number for the world to see, but I'll send you a PM shortly.

By the way, if you want to see some of her work, take a look at my photos - and for the record, I don't normally look anywhere close to that good. Between Nathaniel (amazing photog) and Alicia, I looked better than I've ever looked before or since!

Chris and Rebecca's Wedding by Nathaniel Thompson Photography

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

My Makeup artist is great, she is a friend, and coming to Mexico with us as well. She is located in NJ, and gets contracted out through a company for weddings, but also does them freelance on her own. She is super sweet, and the great thing is, she is so easy going, you can tell her exactly what you want, like, and don't like... PM me if you want info...

#4 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
      • 340 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

Thanks!

Becks...your pictures look great!

JoLo...I will PM you as soon as I find out what's going on...I just found out I may have to move the wedding to St. Thomas. 18 days to go! You must be so excited!

#5 Blkatz

Blkatz
        • 1,025 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Also let me know-a good friend of mine is the manager at Lord and Taylor and is AMAZING with makeup-she did my friend's make up and it was so good. She works in NYC and her parents live in North Jersey.

#6 JoLo908

JoLo908
          • 889 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

St. Thomas is great! I love it there, go to the Blue Moon Cafe!! Great food and atmosphere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users