Photo

My Hilton Los Cabos and Vendors Review (long)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

Very well done.

Did you have any issues with the your reception location and hotel guest traffic?

Jess

#22 mich999

mich999
    • 386 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JGAMMAGIRL77
      Very well done.

Did you have any issues with the your reception location and hotel guest traffic?

Jess
      Thanks Jess - they close off the whole area so it is impossible for anyone to walk through the reception area. You do have to pay an extra fee for the Whale Watching Terrace, but it is completely private... unless someone swims to the edge of the infinity pool in the evening and peers down at you!

#23 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
      • 427 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

What are Juan Carlos prices? I called him several months ago and he quoted me $6,000 for 8hrs and that didn't include the album. Is this still his prices?

#24 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
        • 427 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

Do you have your contact person at Sunriders?

Thanks,
          Jess

#25 mich999

mich999
          • 386 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Jess:

Sunriders - I just emailed their general email (sunridertours@gmail.com), but Mario always responded - he was my contact person.

Juan Carlos - on his website, he states that his packages start at $3000 for 4 hours and he can customize a package for you from there. We booked him for 5 hours for a wedding of 45 people and he took over 1000 pictures. We did not purchase an album, but you can always add that later if you change your mind. Every hour you add on to the minimum is an additional charge and I don't know if his hourly rates and charge for proofs have changed since I booked him last fall.

#26 charliebaby24@yahoo.com

charliebaby24@yahoo.com
            • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Awesome review! Thank you so much! I am getting married there on July 9th...counting down the days. But I have one question, we are trying to decide on consumption bar or open. It's like $4500 for 45 people for the 5 hour open bar and that seems excessive if only half the group are heavy drinkers. Do you or anyone else have tips for this? Thanks!!

#27 JGAMMAGIRL77

JGAMMAGIRL77
              • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mich999
                Jess:

Sunriders - I just emailed their general email (sunridertours@gmail.com), but Mario always responded - he was my contact person.

Juan Carlos - on his website, he states that his packages start at $3000 for 4 hours and he can customize a package for you from there. We booked him for 5 hours for a wedding of 45 people and he took over 1000 pictures. We did not purchase an album, but you can always add that later if you change your mind. Every hour you add on to the minimum is an additional charge and I don't know if his hourly rates and charge for proofs have changed since I booked him last fall.
                Thanks for the info.

Jess

#28 mich999

mich999
                • 386 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by charliebaby24@yahoo.com
                  Awesome review! Thank you so much! I am getting married there on July 9th...counting down the days. But I have one question, we are trying to decide on consumption bar or open. It's like $4500 for 45 people for the 5 hour open bar and that seems excessive if only half the group are heavy drinkers. Do you or anyone else have tips for this? Thanks!!
                  We did an open bar for 4 hours, with a half hour break right before dinner when we did first dances, intros and cake. We also did a limited bar of wine, domestic beer, margaritas, pina coladas, soda and bottle water which saved us money - you just have to ask the Hilton to price a limited bar option for you (it's not on their current menu). If we hadn't done that, we would have probably done consumption because I agree, the full open bar with top shelf liquor is too expensive. Everyone at the pool every day was ordering pacifico, margaritas or fun fruity drinks, so I don't think anyone missed not being able to have a rum and coke!

#29 liznsergio

liznsergio
                  • 400 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Thanks for an awesome review!!!!

#30 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
                    • 318 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:11 AM

Great Review! I am excited because I am getting married at the Hilton too in 2010 and am going to Cabo to visit again on Saturday for a week. During this time we are going to do a menu tasting....can I ask you what menu options you chose? Thanks! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users